Velocity Reviews

-   -   The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t650867-the-isaerli-government-believes-they-need-a-firefox-version.html)

David Segall 01-01-2009 01:22 PM

The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

I have reproduced my email correspondence with the Israeli Ministry of
Foreign Affairs below. I am dumbfounded so perhaps someone could help
me with a response that would convince them that the aim is to produce
correct HTML and that they don't need a version for each browser.

These guys are "precision bombing" their neighbours and are part of
the "Star Wars" project <http://tinyurl.com/beafraid>.
Thank you for contacting us.

Our Firefox version is currently in its Beta phase, and should be up
shortly.

Information and Internet Department
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Jerusalem

richard 01-01-2009 05:56 PM

Re: The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:22:38 GMT, David Segall <david@address.invalid>
wrote:

>I have reproduced my email correspondence with the Israeli Ministry of
>Foreign Affairs below. I am dumbfounded so perhaps someone could help
>me with a response that would convince them that the aim is to produce
>correct HTML and that they don't need a version for each browser.
>
>These guys are "precision bombing" their neighbours and are part of
>the "Star Wars" project <http://tinyurl.com/beafraid>.

Dude, you're trying to educate people who have done the same things
"their way" for 4,000 years. It ain't gonna happen.

Have you ever validated sites owned by major corporations right here
in the USA and laughed at the thousands of errors?
Like I've seen people try to invent their own html coding that never
existed.

Here's an example from downloads.com

Line 110, Column 28: there is no attribute "section".

Just one of 221 errors and 76 warnings.

These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
Where do I apply?
I'll do it for half their pay.

dorayme 01-01-2009 08:31 PM

Re: The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

In article <f6fpl45gvh0mnkdjple8pccr5smfoa758n@4ax.com>,
David Segall <david@address.invalid> wrote:

> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

You expect a government that has respected almost no international
standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
Get real!

--
dorayme

dorayme 01-01-2009 08:34 PM

Re: The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

In article <l80ql45b44s3bicrdrp513594ap3omaapd@4ax.com>,
richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote:

> These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
> Where do I apply?
> I'll do it for half their pay.

Tell them a quarter (I will personally pay you the other half of the
half you will accept -quarter - because I am desperate to see the result)

--
dorayme

DLU 01-02-2009 04:13 AM

dorayme wrote:
> In article <f6fpl45gvh0mnkdjple8pccr5smfoa758n@4ax.com>,
> David Segall <david@address.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

> You expect a government that has respected almost no international
> standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
> take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
> Get real!

They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

dorayme 01-02-2009 04:45 AM

Re: The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$24210@EVERESTKC.NET>,
DLU <david@justthe.net> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <f6fpl45gvh0mnkdjple8pccr5smfoa758n@4ax.com>,
> > David Segall <david@address.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

> > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
> > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
> > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
> > Get real!
> >

> They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
> implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
> Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
> moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
> another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>

--
dorayme

asdf 01-02-2009 05:00 AM

"dorayme" <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$24210@EVERESTKC.NET>,
> DLU <david@justthe.net> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:

>> > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
>> > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
>> > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
>> > Get real!
>> >

>> They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
>> implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
>> Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
>> moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
>> another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

> Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:
>
> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>
>
> --
> dorayme

ok... that one's a 10 :)

Jani 01-02-2009 11:49 AM

On 2 Jan., 05:45, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$24...@EVERESTKC.NET>,
>
> *DLU <da...@justthe.net> wrote:
> > dorayme wrote:

> > > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
> > > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
> > > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David..
> > > Get real!

> > They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
> > implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
> > Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
> > moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
> > another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

> Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:
>
> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>
>
> --
> dorayme

Ahh - because of that it is allowed to run any sexy page 24/7 a week.

Chaddy2222 01-02-2009 01:19 PM

On Jan 2, 7:31*am, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> In article <f6fpl45gvh0mnkdjple8pccr5smfoa7...@4ax.com>,
> *David Segall <da...@address.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

> You expect a government that has respected almost no international
> standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
> take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
> Get real!

Yeah. Why would they even bother, they are too busy ignoring what
every other Government tells them to do.

Gordon Levi 01-02-2009 01:48 PM

sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

>dorayme wrote:
>> In article <f6fpl45gvh0mnkdjple8pccr5smfoa758n@4ax.com>,
>> David Segall <david@address.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

>> You expect a government that has respected almost no international
>> standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
>> take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
>> Get real!
>>

>What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the U.S. Canada
>has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years. Of
>course you would say, "Please stop. We don't like our citizens being
>killed by your rockets". Of course you would because you respect
>international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
>Pacific.

But there is no international boundary between Gaza and Israel. What
would the U.S. Commander in Chief do if the rockets were coming from
Puerto Rico given that he is the chief of state of Puerto Rico? The
Israeli Defence Force is also Gaza's defence force.