Velocity Reviews

-   -   Finding drivers for Wireless adapter? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t650622-finding-drivers-for-wireless-adapter.html)

Trevor 12-30-2008 03:18 PM

Finding drivers for Wireless adapter?

Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks out
the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.

Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

David B. 12-30-2008 03:29 PM

Re: Finding drivers for Wireless adapter?

You'll have to take the card out and find out who makes it and get a model
number to determine the driver you need.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

Pavel A. 12-30-2008 04:58 PM

Trevor wrote:
> Trying to fix up an old computer a long way from home. I have had to
> reinstall XP and now the wireless adapter has a yellow ? in Device Manager
> and hence doesn't work. It is the type you have to take the side of the PC
> of and plug into the MoBo - sorry don't know the name - an aerial sticks out
> the back of the desktop PC. I have no idea what make of adapter it is,
> Belarc Advisor doesn't pick it up and there's no info on it either.
>
> Any ideas on ways of getting it to work?

Ok, so it seems to be a PCI card.

Can you click on that yellow ? in dev. manager,
then Properties, Details, and select "Hardware IDs" on the top?
Post the longest (topmost) string that shows up there, it should be like
\PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy&SUBSYS_xxxxx ....

Regards,
--PA

Trevor 12-30-2008 08:45 PM

Re: Finding drivers for Wireless adapter?

Here is the number :

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11C D5334&0&60F0

Pavel A. 12-30-2008 09:54 PM

Trevor wrote:
> Here is the number :
>
> PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_9066&SUBSYS_AB9013D1&REV_00\4&11C D5334&0&60F0

Ok, this is a TI "TNETW1130" B/G PCI card.

Google finds the following driver link:
http://www.wireless-driver.com/downl...set-Driver.htm

It looks reasonable, but I haven't tried it, use on your own risk,
or search for other download.

Have a nice ski day :)
--PA