Velocity Reviews

-   -   IIS down intermittently (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t65008-iis-down-intermittently.html)

uni 10-23-2003 01:44 PM

IIS down intermittently

Hi,

Why the IIS is down intermittently, and when I restart
it,there is an error showing "the address already in use".
Are they related and Why is that? This is the live IIS
server 5.0 with asp.net application running.

Any help is appreciated!
uni

Patrik L÷wendahl 10-23-2003 01:56 PM

Re: IIS down intermittently

You can only have one web site per IP/PORT combination. To be able to add
more, you need either to use different ports for each web iste or hostnames.

--
Patrik L÷wendahl
cshrp.net - ' Elegant code by witty programmers '

uni 10-23-2003 02:51 PM

Re: IIS down intermittently

But when I restart the machine, this error doesn't happen
again, why is that?

Thanks,
uni