Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows XP bluetooth driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t650070-windows-xp-bluetooth-driver.html)

Ken G. 12-25-2008 11:53 PM

Windows XP bluetooth driver

I've been using a bluethooth headset with Skype, using Blue Soleil as the
software. It cut out mid-conversation with a message saying it was only good
for 5mb of data. Rather than buy Bluesoleil I thought I'd try the Windows XP
bluetooth driver but I can't get it to show the bluetooth connection in Skype.

I've tried two different headsets with the same result. The Windows
bluetooth drivers can discover the headsets, and show them as paired devices,
but that's all.

What do I need to do to get the headset coming up as a choice in the skype
menu?

smlunatick 12-26-2008 06:20 PM

Re: Windows XP bluetooth driver

On Dec 25, 6:53*pm, Ken G. <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I've been using a bluethooth headset with Skype, using Blue Soleil as the
> software. It cut out mid-conversation with a message saying it was only good
> for 5mb of data. Rather than buy Bluesoleil I thought I'd try the Windows XP
> bluetooth driver but I can't get it to show the bluetooth connection in Skype.
>
> I've tried two different headsets with the same result. The Windows
> bluetooth drivers can discover the headsets, and show them as paired devices,
> but that's all.
>
> What do I need to do to get the headset coming up as a choice in the skype
> menu?

Microsoft's Bluetooth is limited and will not do audio over Bluetooth.

Get the latest drivers for you Bluetooth dongle.