Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server through WA (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6494-cannot-get-wireless-notebook-to-connect-to-nt4-0-server-through-wa.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?= 05-12-2005 01:51 PM

Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server through WA

I have a wireless router that has been turned into a wireless access point
for my Windows NT4.0 network. I have WEP and MAC addressing enabled on the
WAP. I have a W2K desktop that has no problem connecting to the system and
getting an IP from the NT server. However I just received a new Notebook
that has XP Pro and it will connect to the network but cannot resolve IP. It
is saying that it is connected with limited or no access. I have put in the
WEP key and made sure that it was correct. I have tried repairing the
connect too many times to count. What should I do? I cannot connect to my
network (wirelessly, wired works fine).

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?= 05-12-2005 01:58 PM

RE: Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server through WA

Just a little more info. DHCP is controlled through the NT 4.0. When I
check the IP on the wireless card it is not in the range of IP's for the
network.

=?Utf-8?B?SEFaTUlOSw==?= 05-12-2005 07:08 PM

RE: Cannot get wireless notebook to connect to NT4.0 Server throug

Okay when I turned of the WEP (128 automatic) it was able to connect and get
an IP.