Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Need help with a compaq armada m700 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t648938-need-help-with-a-compaq-armada-m700.html)

seadog59 12-16-2008 07:54 PM

Need help with a compaq armada m700

i fix up laptops on the side to give to needy families and not a real techie at all. However in fixing up this one I am perplexed. It had a 12 hd and installed xp but then was given a 30 gig hd with xp on it and it was from another m700. It started to load xp when turned on and then went back to the screen with compaq on it and would not work. Put back the old 12 hd and it does not recognize it at all. Tried everything i know to no avail. In bios it has no place to scan for changes nor does it show an ide device. Would appreciate any help so I can give it to a family for xmas
thanks