Velocity Reviews

-   -   using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t648810-using-32-bit-flash-java-with-64-bit-ie-on-a-64-bit-system.html)

BP 12-16-2008 12:38 AM

using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system

Color me doubly embarrassed. Not only did I have the memory lapse noted
below, but I missed a few letters in the subject line of my original post.

Anyway, I remember having found a thread describing a
way to make 32-bit java (or maybe Flash) work in 64-bit Internet
Explorer. (Vista Home Premium system) The process was simple, just
copy a couple files into a different directory. I followed the
instructions, and it worked. Now I'm thinking of uninstalling those
files, and I can't find the thread to know what I copied where. Anyone
out there recall the discussion and description of what was copied
where?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Sperling 12-16-2008 10:57 PM

Re: using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system

Personally I do not recall any of this, but in your place I would re-install
the original package and maybe print a screenshot of anything Java'ish to
see if I could spot what it is that changes.

Tony. . .

news:1jpqqjax0zw8e$.1ffoe2k4h93jx$.dlg@40tude.net. ..

PhilSweet 12-19-2008 10:59 PM

Re: using 32-bit flash java with 64 bit IE on a 64 bit system

There is now a version of Sun Java for X64. See Post below "Sun Java for IE
x64"