Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Tripod Ban In The States!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t648596-re-tripod-ban-in-the-states.html)

Annika1980 12-14-2008 02:38 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

On Dec 14, 8:25*am, "Larry Thong" <larry_th...@shitstring.com> wrote:

"Constipated eagle flapping its wings in a futile attempt to "pinch a
loaf" for the crowd below."

That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
pics so I know.

WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com 12-14-2008 03:21 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message news:11d96755-
b43f-46cf-aaa0-716557063c0a@s16g2000...oglegroups.com...

> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
> pics so I know.

True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
zoom lenses below.

Marvin 12-14-2008 05:06 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com wrote:
> "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message news:11d96755-
> b43f-46cf-aaa0-716557063c0a@s16g2000...oglegroups.com...
>>
>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
>> pics so I know.

> True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
> zoom lenses below.

When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.

WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com 12-14-2008 06:25 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

"Marvin" <physchem@verizon.net> wrote in message news:k2b1l.
1806$7I6.649@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com wrote:
>> "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message news:11d96755-
>> b43f-46cf-aaa0-716557063c0a@s16g2000...oglegroups.com...
>>>
>>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
>>> pics so I know.

>> True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
>> zoom lenses below.
>>

> When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
> Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
> windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
> the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
> seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.

Seagulls are smart birds and they interact with humans quite a bit
because city seagulls eat handouts from humans meant for pigeons and
geese. Sometimes they dive-bomb people or their cars just for fun.

Tell you a true bald eagle story. Long time ago when I was walking in
university campus from one building to another, out of nowhere a
skeleton of a pigeon fell in front of me. The meat of the pigeon was
stripped bare and there were only a couple of feathers left on the
very tip of the wings so I could easily identity that it was a pigeon.
I looked around and there were nobody anywhere near enough to throw
the skeleton at me and there were no buildings within 200 yards so
nobody could have thrown it from a building. When I looked straight
up, this stupid bald eagle was hovering 30 feet above, and I could see
very clearly that the idiot was sticking its head out looking down at
me. When it saw that I was looking up, it even squawked a few times
before flying away. The idiot probably polished off the pigeon in its
nest, came out to dispose of the garbage, and decided to see if it can
hit me in the head with the pigeon bones. I was studying in the
University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C. where we have a
large population of bald eagles nesting in the coastal forest
surrounding the campus.

frank 12-14-2008 07:05 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

On Dec 14, 8:38*am, Annika1980 <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 8:25*am, "Larry Thong" <larry_th...@shitstring.com> wrote:
>
> "Constipated eagle flapping its wings in a futile attempt to "pinch a
> loaf" for the crowd below."
>
> That ain't how they crap. *Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
> pics so I know.

What an incredibly stupid commentary.

Ignoring for the moment its against Federal law to harass an eagle or
to get too close to a nest in mating season. Its usually listed as a
thousand feet or so. And they will fine you and haul your carcass to
court so you can help pay for the Federal deficit.

Been birding for years and one thing you learn is how to respect
wildlife. Which this idiot with her (its?) commentary does not.

J. Clarke 12-14-2008 07:29 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

Marvin wrote:
> WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com wrote:
>> "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message news:11d96755-
>> b43f-46cf-aaa0-716557063c0a@s16g2000...oglegroups.com...
>>>
>>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy
>>> bird
>>> pics so I know.

>> True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with
>> big zoom lenses below.
>>

> When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
> Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
> windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
> the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
> seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.

I am reminded of the Friggin' Falcon
http://www.cheetah.net/jafo/falcon.html

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

John McWilliams 12-14-2008 08:18 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

John Navas wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST), WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com
> wrote in
> <e7d04038-5f2c-4a5c-b231-f02130c99c8a@r22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>:
>
>> Seagulls are smart birds ...

> Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
> including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
> smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

aus.photo removed

I bet you've never put in front of your dog anything that could be
dangerous. Yes, dogs are way smarter than gulls, but not all can avoid
trying to eat something that could be dangerous.

--
john mcwilliams

WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com 12-14-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST), WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com
> wrote in
> <e7d04038-5f2c-4a5c-b231-f02130c99c8a@r22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>:
>
>>Seagulls are smart birds ...

> Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
> including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
> smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

Really? The sparerib bones killed them, eh? Did you watch the seagulls
drop dead after swallowing the bones, or you just assume they would?
How often have you seen choked-to-death seagulls?

Seagulls swallow big spiny fish whole. They have developed the
capability of regurgitating whatever they cannot digest.

I have watched seagulls picking out the fishing hooks inside sunfish
and catfish thrown onto the grass by anglers before swallowing them.
They apparently know the fishing hooks are not good to eat because
fishing hooks have barbs and cannot come back out if swallowed.

Ray Fischer 12-14-2008 09:44 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

>On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST), WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com
>wrote in
><e7d04038-5f2c-4a5c-b231-f02130c99c8a@r22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>:
>
>>Seagulls are smart birds ...

>Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
>including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
>smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

One word: Chocolate

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

Gary Edstrom 12-14-2008 09:57 PM

Re: Tripod Ban In The States!!

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:21:43 -0800 (PST), WannabeSomeoneCares@gmail.com
wrote:

>"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message news:11d96755-
>b43f-46cf-aaa0-716557063c0a@s16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...
>>

>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
>> pics so I know.

>True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
>zoom lenses below.

Remember that rhyme from elementary school?

Little birdie in the sky
Why'd you do it in my eye?
Gee I'm glad that cows don't fly!