Velocity Reviews

-   -   Raw images and CS3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t648369-raw-images-and-cs3.html)

Kevin 12-12-2008 02:05 PM

Raw images and CS3

How do I open raw images in CS3 please?

Sharon 12-12-2008 05:04 PM

Re: Raw images and CS3

File > Open in Camera Raw

"Kevin" <misty.morning@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:49426fc6$1_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> How do I open raw images in CS3 please?

Kevin 12-13-2008 09:11 AM

Re: Raw images and CS3

I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3

I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a guide to
transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.

nospam 12-13-2008 09:57 AM

Re: Raw images and CS3

In article <49437c3f$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, Kevin
<misty.morning@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3
>
> I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a guide to
> transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.

which canon camera?

do you have the latest camera raw plugin (v 4.6 for cs3)? if not, you
might need to update it (free) at adobe.com for support for your
camera.

then all you need to do is open the raw image as you would any other
image, and camera raw will appear.

ray 12-13-2008 04:29 PM

Re: Raw images and CS3

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:11:20 +0000, Kevin wrote:

> I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3
>
> I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a
> guide to transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.

You might find it simpler to install ufraw. It will read the raw files,
allow you to do basic editing and save output in various formats.

nospam 12-13-2008 11:01 PM

Re: Raw images and CS3

In article <ln27k413ovj6am1aomgkpjnukv3t4rg49o@4ax.com>, Avery
<Avery@home> wrote:

> Every model of camera that produces RAW images is different to every
> other model. You will need th exact Photoshop RAW plugin for the model
> camera that you have.

false. there's one camera raw plugin and it supports numerous cameras.

> You will probably need to go to Adobe .com to
> find the right one.

at worst, he only needs to update it to the latest version.

> If it is a very new model camera there is a chance
> that CS3 will not open the file and you will need to go to CS4 or go
> down a different path entirely.

that's a possibility. he said it's a canon camera, and the only canon
cameras that are not supported in cs3 is the canon 5d mark ii and g10.

John McWilliams 12-13-2008 11:25 PM

Re: Raw images and CS3

ray wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:11:20 +0000, Kevin wrote:
>
>> I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3
>>
>> I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a
>> guide to transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.
>>

> You might find it simpler to install ufraw. It will read the raw files,
> allow you to do basic editing and save output in various formats.

Bzzzzzzt!

Wrong answer. Not for someone already using PS CS3.

--
john mcwilliams

ray 12-13-2008 11:46 PM

Re: Raw images and CS3

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:25:58 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

> ray wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:11:20 +0000, Kevin wrote:
>>
>>> I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3
>>>
>>> I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a
>>> guide to transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.
>>>

>> You might find it simpler to install ufraw. It will read the raw files,
>> allow you to do basic editing and save output in various formats.
>>

> Bzzzzzzt!
>
> Wrong answer. Not for someone already using PS CS3.

Could still be easier than sorting through all the plug-ins as previously
advised.

nospam 12-14-2008 12:17 AM

Re: Raw images and CS3

In article <6qivqfFckih8U3@mid.individual.net>, ray <ray@zianet.com>
wrote:

> >> You might find it simpler to install ufraw. It will read the raw files,
> >> allow you to do basic editing and save output in various formats.
> >>

> > Bzzzzzzt!
> >
> > Wrong answer. Not for someone already using PS CS3.

> Could still be easier than sorting through all the plug-ins as previously
> advised.

that advice was wrong. there's only *one* camera raw plugin for cs3,
although he may need to update it to the latest version.

Ray Fischer 12-14-2008 01:01 AM

Re: Raw images and CS3

Kevin <misty.morning@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>I am a relative novice to desktop manipulation and CS3
>
>I have taken test RAW images with my Canon and would ideally like a guide to
>transferring them to Photoshop so that I can edit them.

There's nothing to "transfer". You just open the files like any other
image files.

Assuming that you have a legal copy of Photoshop it should be trivial.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net