Velocity Reviews

-   -   fixing a wireless network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t648284-fixing-a-wireless-network.html)

Danielle 12-11-2008 11:07 PM

fixing a wireless network

My router died from Verizon. I just received a new router. My desktop and one laptop (wireless) are working great. My other laptop and my printer are not working wireless. I can't seem to get them to work.

On my laptop I have a linksys wirless-g 2.4 ghz 802.11g adapter. I see my ssid signal but cannot connect using the linksys software. It says Ad-Hoc network not found. Not sure what that means.

I am thinking that my laptop and the printer are trying to connect to the old network/router. My printer, an HP laser 4550 HDN, is using a wireless lan pci 802.11 b/g adapter. I ran ipconfig/all on the command prompt and came up with a IP address for my computer as 192.168.1.2 The ethernet adapter wireless network connection said media state: media disconnected. Description was my wireless lan card for the printer. I have the ssid for my router and I have the wep turned off for now. On my network page for verizon I see my desktop as: 192.168.1.2 and my one laptop that is working wireless as: 192.168.1.3 I see another laptop signal listed as: 192.168.1.4 but it says it is inactive. I am thinking that is my laptop, but I can not connect when I go to the laptop. I am at a loss. I would really like my printer to work. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Hopefully this thread isn't too confusing!

Danielle