Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cofiging Wireless Net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t647802-cofiging-wireless-net.html)

XP User 12-08-2008 08:46 PM

Cofiging Wireless Net

I have an installed D-link Net WBR1310 It will let me get to the internet on
my machine and a nother machine running XP. On the other machine I can see my
machine if I lookat the group config . On my machine I get an error saying I
may not be privileged, But I am the admin, or list not available. I am
running Net Magic on both machines. Thaks for any help--
lmroberts

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 12-08-2008 10:15 PM

Re: Cofiging Wireless Net

Hi
My experience with Net Magic is Not positive.
Without Net Magic this is the road to take.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

XP User 12-10-2008 12:17 AM

RE: Cofiging Wireless Net

I found my problem! I thought I was configuring a home net work but wasn't
all along. XP didn't tell me any different. I had'nt clicked on the network
icon for the gate way evidently. The Wizard finished up telling me to load
the network strings on the other machines. Evidently it never really set my
gate way up and thus would'nt let any network really show up. Goes to show
you how stupid these systems can be, or how really stupid they can make you
feel. Oh well live and learn!
Again thanks for your help.
--
lmroberts