Velocity Reviews

-   -   XSD restriction to a set of string values (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t647085-xsd-restriction-to-a-set-of-string-values.html)

PeteOlcott 12-03-2008 10:01 PM

XSD restriction to a set of string values

I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
types.

Martin Honnen 12-04-2008 11:48 AM

Re: XSD restriction to a set of string values

PeteOlcott wrote:
> I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
> string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
> types.

Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

PeteOlcott 12-05-2008 04:33 PM

On Dec 4, 5:48*am, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> PeteOlcott wrote:
> > I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
> > string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
> > types.

> Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
> looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
> string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
> way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.
>
> --
>
> * * * * Martin Honnen
> * * * *http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I am trying to make a SOAP interface such that the client can
dynamically reconfigure its graphical user interface with no
programming changes and no recompile required whenever the web
service is updated with new capabilities. This might not be possible
with pure SOAP, and may require the SOAP message to have an embedded
XML payload.