Velocity Reviews

-   -   WPA issues after SP3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t646921-wpa-issues-after-sp3.html)

plynch 12-02-2008 06:39 PM

WPA issues after SP3

Good afternoon,

I have a user with a Dell Precision laptop who uses the onboard Intel
networking adapter.

Unfortunately it appears that this user can not conenct to any wireless
network which has WPA authenication enabled. All latest updates have been
applied, and has been used without any radio management software (which in
this case is Intel PROSet Wirelesss 12.1.1).

Ultimately, it seems this is a problem with the windows wireless networking
itself.

Any advice as to how to find the issue would be appreciated.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 12-02-2008 11:24 PM

Re: WPA issues after SP3

Windows XP SP3 adds Network Access Protection (NAP) support to XP machines
and improve the Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2). After installing SP3, you
may need to re-set the wireless. This search result may help too.
Wireless issue after installing XP SP3
Wireless issue after installing XP SP3. After installing SP3 XP loses
Internet connection ยท USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download ...
www.wifimvp.com/wireless&xpsp3.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 12-03-2008 07:43 PM

Re: WPA issues after SP3

Hi
Log to the Wireless card support and get the latest WinXP drivers.
Make sure that the Intel Utility is not loaded in the background (just not
running might not do).
Disable the Security in the Wireless Router and make sure that you have an
open connection.
Enable the security again and renter a pass phrase.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)