Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   System Idle process (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t646880-system-idle-process.html)

belto 12-02-2008 10:42 AM

System Idle process
 
I am having problems when changing applications / windows.
My system just sticks for ages
In Task Manager it shows a system idle process of 98%
CP usage @ 4%

I am running win XP Pro

any suggestions to correct this delay would be most helpful



PCLicious 12-02-2008 02:36 PM

A freeware program called "Killprocess" by "Orange lamp software"can show you which programs are taking up the most memory and be terminated, also you can set it to auto kill certain programs that are loaded in the background that you will not use. Good luck.

Buffalo 12-02-2008 04:05 PM

Re: System Idle process
 


belto wrote:
> I am having problems when changing applications / windows.
> My system just sticks for ages
> In Task Manager it shows a system idle process of 98%
> CP usage @ 4%
>
> I am running win XP Pro
>
> any suggestions to correct this delay would be most helpful



Try shutting down completely for several minutes and reboot.



wisdomkiller & pain 12-02-2008 10:31 PM

Re: System Idle process
 
belto wrote:

> I am having problems when changing applications / windows.
> My system just sticks for ages
> In Task Manager it shows a system idle process of 98%
> CP usage @ 4%
>
> I am running win XP Pro
>
> any suggestions to correct this delay would be most helpful


"sticks" ... does that mean it appears to do nothing, but the mouse still
moveable, or is the mousepointer dead as well?
In the first case, the system may be waiting for timeouts.
Reason can be a program/extension called upon one of your actions (maybe
viewing files in explorer or even refreshing the desktop) which doesn't
react (maybe improperly uninstalled), a network drive in your path which
isn't available, or huge files on your desktop with a on-access
virusscanner struggling to scan them every so often when they are
accessed/refreshed/icon gets extracted.

Cork Soaker 12-02-2008 11:55 PM

Re: System Idle process
 
wisdomkiller & pain wrote:
> belto wrote:
>
>> I am having problems when changing applications / windows.
>> My system just sticks for ages
>> In Task Manager it shows a system idle process of 98%
>> CP usage @ 4%
>>
>> I am running win XP Pro
>>
>> any suggestions to correct this delay would be most helpful

>
> "sticks" ... does that mean it appears to do nothing, but the mouse still
> moveable, or is the mousepointer dead as well?
> In the first case, the system may be waiting for timeouts.
> Reason can be a program/extension called upon one of your actions (maybe
> viewing files in explorer or even refreshing the desktop) which doesn't
> react (maybe improperly uninstalled), a network drive in your path which
> isn't available, or huge files on your desktop with a on-access
> virusscanner struggling to scan them every so often when they are
> accessed/refreshed/icon gets extracted.


That's one of the craziest things I've ever read.

Another 12-03-2008 10:17 PM

Re: System Idle process
 
Buffalo wrote:
> belto wrote:
>> I am having problems when changing applications / windows.
>> My system just sticks for ages
>> In Task Manager it shows a system idle process of 98%
>> CP usage @ 4%
>>
>> I am running win XP Pro
>>
>> any suggestions to correct this delay would be most helpful

>
> Was this slowdown sudden? If so, it's possible that your cpu is overheating
> and therefore running very slow to preserve itself.
> This can be caused by a clogged cpu heatsink and / or cpu fan (or cpu fan
> died:easy to replace,normally).
> You should visually inspect the above items. If you can't then:
> A free program called MotherBoardMonitor can give you the cpu temp (other
> free programs may do it also) .
>
> Other things to try are:
> Run your disk cleanup program.
> Download,install and run the free program called CCleaner (crapcleaner) if
> you wish. (Removes a lot of junk and temp files).
> I would NOT recommend you to run its registry Cleaner program, unless you
> are really knowledgeable about the Registry.
> Dl, install, update and run the free program called MBAM (MalwareBytes
> Anti-Malware).
> Buffalo
>
>


Where is K-Man when you need him to give a thoughtful reply to this post.

Buffalo 12-04-2008 02:19 AM

Re: System Idle process
 


Another wrote:
> Where is K-Man when you need him to give a thoughtful reply to this
> post.

You are probably the coward K-man your self.



Another 12-04-2008 04:39 PM

Re: System Idle process
 
Buffalo wrote:
> Another wrote:
>> Where is K-Man when you need him to give a thoughtful reply to this
>> post.

> You are probably the coward K-man your self.
>
>

Wrong again. Check the headers.

Buffalo 12-04-2008 05:38 PM

Re: System Idle process
 


Another wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>> Another wrote:
>>> Where is K-Man when you need him to give a thoughtful reply to this
>>> post.

>> You are probably the coward K-man your self.
>>
>>

> Wrong again. Check the headers.


Header? What's a header? Is that like getting head or foot or ?



Another 12-04-2008 08:08 PM

Re: System Idle process
 
Buffalo wrote:
> Another wrote:
>> Buffalo wrote:
>>> Another wrote:
>>>> Where is K-Man when you need him to give a thoughtful reply to this
>>>> post.
>>> You are probably the coward K-man your self.
>>>
>>>

>> Wrong again. Check the headers.

>
> Header? What's a header? Is that like getting head or foot or ?
>
>


Are you serious? You are handing out advice on usenet, and you don't
know how to look at a post's header.



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.