Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ask.Com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t646799-ask-com.html)

Lindsay 12-01-2008 08:44 PM

Ask.Com

How can I get rid of the ask.com taskbar? It is popping up everytime I start
to search for something. Evidently it was downloaded with something else
that I downloaded (don't remember exactly when it appeared) and it is very
annoying. I supposedly removed it using controlbar\add\remove/Ask toolbar,
but it still appears on my webpage when I am searching for something. I have
an HP Pavilion computer, I use XP and IE 7.

Lindsay 12-01-2008 09:20 PM

Re: Ask.Com

"Lindsay" <youbetterwatchout@watch.com> wrote in message
> How can I get rid of the ask.com taskbar? It is popping up everytime I
> start to search for something. Evidently it was downloaded with something
> else that I downloaded (don't remember exactly when it appeared) and it is
> very annoying. I supposedly removed it using controlbar\add\remove/Ask
> toolbar, but it still appears on my webpage when I am searching for
> something. I have an HP Pavilion computer, I use XP and IE 7.

I found my won answer to the problem with Ask.com. I discovered that somehow
my default search had been changed to Ask.com. I changed it to Google.

hwf 12-01-2008 09:46 PM

Re: Ask.Com

Lindsay wrote:
> How can I get rid of the ask.com taskbar? It is popping up everytime I start
> to search for something. Evidently it was downloaded with something else
> that I downloaded (don't remember exactly when it appeared) and it is very
> annoying. I supposedly removed it using controlbar\add\remove/Ask toolbar,
> but it still appears on my webpage when I am searching for something. I have
> an HP Pavilion computer, I use XP and IE 7.

Try this:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...nstaller.shtml

HTH

Cork Soaker 12-02-2008 03:23 AM

Re: Ask.Com

Lindsay wrote:
> "Lindsay" <youbetterwatchout@watch.com> wrote in message
>> How can I get rid of the ask.com taskbar? It is popping up everytime I
>> start to search for something. Evidently it was downloaded with something
>> else that I downloaded (don't remember exactly when it appeared) and it is
>> very annoying. I supposedly removed it using controlbar\add\remove/Ask
>> toolbar, but it still appears on my webpage when I am searching for
>> something. I have an HP Pavilion computer, I use XP and IE 7.
>>

> I found my won answer to the problem with Ask.com. I discovered that somehow
> my default search had been changed to Ask.com. I changed it to Google.

Awesome.