Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Network Connection - wilful blindness to my network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t646294-wireless-network-connection-wilful-blindness-to-my-network.html)

DavidOfRedfern 11-27-2008 11:06 AM

Wireless Network Connection - wilful blindness to my network

Hello

I have a HP Pavilion dv 8217TX with Intel Core Duo processor T2300 1.66 GHz.

My Windows XP Professional laptop has recently developed a fault. It cannot
connect to my home wireless network. The wireless function is working as it
scans and detects several network in my vicinity, just not my network. It
seems 'wilfully blind' to it.

I have a built in wireless card - Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG. It has been
working for the past two and a half years.

I am using an Apple Airport Express Router connected to an ADSL router. My
two flatmates are able to connect to our wireless network.

I can still connect to the internet using an ethernet cable.

I am unaware of any changes to any settings on my pc. My pc is the one on
which we installed the software for the Aiport Express. We have had no
problems with it.

I don't want to make this question too long. Is there anybody out there
with any suggestions / ideas?

Looking forward to help, regards DavidOfRedfern

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 11-27-2008 03:24 PM

Re: Wireless Network Connection - wilful blindness to my network

Have you tried to re-set the wireless connection? Or you may want to try the
wireless connection without security first.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

DavidOfRedfern 12-16-2008 11:45 PM

Re: Wireless Network Connection - wilful blindness to my network

Hello. Sorry for the tardy response.
I re-set the wireless connection several times. Still couldn't connect.
Left my laptop turned off for a few days. When I next booted up my laptop
was able to detect my home network and connect to it. Has been working ever
since. Hopefully it is just one of those myserious things that happen.
Thanks for your advice.