Velocity Reviews

-   -   Create User Steps (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t645880-create-user-steps.html)

shapper 11-24-2008 06:10 PM

Create User Steps

Hello,

I am creating an user that is not approved:

MembershipUser user = Membership.CreateUser(username, password, email,
null, null, false, null, out status);

I need to define its profile ... should I authenticate the user to add
the profile?

But if I do it the user will be loged on which I don't want because it
is not approved.
What are the usual steps to create an user, define its profile but yet
not being approved until later?

Thanks,
Miguel

brians[MCSD] 11-25-2008 12:51 AM

RE: Create User Steps

Hello Miguel - If you set the IsApproved property on the resulting
MembershipUser, that would lock them out until you later flip it during an
approval process.

--
brians
http://www.limbertech.com

shapper 11-25-2008 01:16 AM

Re: Create User Steps

On Nov 25, 12:51*am, brians[MCSD]
<briansM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello Miguel - If you set the IsApproved property on the resulting
> MembershipUser, that would lock them out until you later flip it during an
> approval process.
>
> --
> brianshttp://www.limbertech.com
>
> "shapper" wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I am creating an user that is not approved:

> > MembershipUser user = Membership.CreateUser(username, password, email,
> > null, null, false, null, out status);

> > I need to define its profile ... should I authenticate the user to add
> > the profile?

> > But if I do it the user will be loged on which I don't want because it
> > is not approved.
> > What are the usual steps to create an user, define its profile but yet
> > not being approved until later?

> > Thanks,
> > Miguel

Yes, but I am migrating anonymous profile values to the new profile
after the user is registered.

After this I need, I think, to delete the anonymous profile using:

AnonymousIdentificationModule.ClearAnonymousIdenti fier();

But I get the following error:

System.NotSupportedException: ClearAnonymousIdentifier is not
supported when the feature is disabled or the user is anonymous.

But if the user is not approved how can I authenticate it so I can
delete its anonymous profile?

This is confusing ...

Any idea?

Thanks,