Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem with the original wlan driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t645553-problem-with-the-original-wlan-driver.html)

HASAN 11-21-2008 05:57 PM

problem with the original wlan driver

Hi
I have a problem that I'm not sure if it is caused by the driver or the OS,
on my dell vostro 1500 laptop with dell wireless 1395 wlan mini card and win
XP sp3, windows detects the card and install it( of course with minimum
functionality but its working at least!), but when I install the
manufacturer driver(dell wireless utility, the latest version) the wlan is
no longer working, it can pass all diagnostics but the indicator LED is off
and I cant turn it on by switch the "enable radio " button, let me add that
in this condition the installed device is not changed as its shown in device
manager so it seems the driver is the same.any comments are really
appreciated.
thanks in advance

Hasan

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 11-21-2008 09:16 PM

Re: problem with the original wlan driver

Hi
And what Dell support is saying about this?
The driver is probably older than XP SP3 and may be needs an update.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

HASAN 11-22-2008 07:35 PM

Re: problem with the original wlan driver

no the driver is not older!!! and the dell technical support refuses to
help me, cause I bought the laptop and took it to a place out of their
support region (Iran), I think there is a kind of conflict among wlan card
and Bluetooth device. I've seen when I first install the wlan card then the
Bluetooth device this problem would not happen ( at least the last time
didn't happened), but know even if I uninstall the Bluetooth the install
wlan, nothing get better. I'm really disappointed with dell, the devices
must be much easier to install, I'm not a beginner in this field, I'm an
electronics engineer and been doing these simple tasks for 10 years but I
cant solve this one!!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 11-23-2008 04:50 PM

Re: problem with the original wlan driver

Hi
I cam tell you what I would do to find a functional solution.
First step I'll look for the OEM manufacturer of the card and would try the
OEM drivers.
If it does not help I would try another card.
Can not get another card I would try to switch to WinXP SP2 and the original
drivers.