Velocity Reviews

-   -   sat nav software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t644516-sat-nav-software.html)

CaptT 11-14-2008 07:31 PM

sat nav software

Like many others I have been frustrated in trying to load tom tom home
software for my sat nav. There are forums awash with complaints and ideas
and there definitely is a hell of a problem.In my case all was fine until I
had to reset my dell folowing unwise downloads from a peer to peer site.
Since then TThome refuses to run.I have tried lots of ideas from the forums
and disabled mcfee etc in an attempt to cure it. A final idea was to clean
the registry. Are these things worth while? I am not even sure what you
clean it of but if it lets the software run happy days....

Can anyone suggest software to use? There are so many results from a google
and most are come ons to spendŁ40...probably to no end.

Any tom tom people out there who can suggest anything else. I downlaod ok
from the web site check the "run" and get a message like installer. exe
error>.
TIA

The Real Truth MVP 11-14-2008 09:13 PM

Re: sat nav software

Download it and click save to save it to your HD first. Then double click on
it to install it. Do not click run from the download window.

OldMan 11-14-2008 09:29 PM

Re: sat nav software

And do NOT use registry cleaners