Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   CISCO ASA 5510 Configs... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t644350-cisco-asa-5510-configs.html)

Dustin1300 11-13-2008 06:54 PM

CISCO ASA 5510 Configs...

I've got a Cisco ASA 5510 I am currently trying to configure NAT on....I really cannot find configurations in the ASDM and was just trying it out and now am trying to use command line. My problem is I don't understand the newer version of the command line and am having problems enabling NAT this way.
I know previously I would have done so easily
config t
int e 0/0
ip address 10.142.48.250 255.255.255.0
no shu
ip nat outside

Anyways, this seems to not be the way now? Anyone have any ideas here because I just am wasting my time searching on the subject. Tired of using ? in command line!!!!

Dustin1300 11-13-2008 06:55 PM

external int add: 10.142.48.250
internal int. add: 172.27.0.254

kPradeep_venkata 11-13-2008 07:40 PM

do you want to enable nat for a particular IP or what??

Dustin1300 11-14-2008 12:08 AM

What I am having problems with is enabling NAT on the border router. The outside address on the interface is the 10 dot address and the inside address of the interface is a 172 dot interface.

kPradeep_venkata 11-14-2008 01:37 AM

you have to use the command like

nat inside x local_int_IP broadcast_IP

or

nat(inside, outside) public_IP private_IP

i used this way in 5520ASA

Dustin1300 11-14-2008 02:55 PM

Did you mean the subnet mask on the first line you responded back with?

nat inside x local_int_IP broadcast_IP

Dustin1300 11-14-2008 02:58 PM

I'm not able to get back to the NAT work until Tuesday but now looking over what your saying, I think I understand the first part....Also, your just in global config mode while configuring, right?

kPradeep_venkata 11-14-2008 03:34 PM

yes.. u have to do in the config mode

Dustin1300 11-14-2008 04:15 PM

I put in NAT (inside, outside) 10.142.48.250 172.27.0.254 and get following:

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The ^ marker is just starting at the "i" on the inside within the parenthesis....Am I supposed to be placing something within the parenthesis rather than "inside" and "outside"? I'm getting really frustrated with this, usually if I forget a command I can easily use the ? and find what I need.... when i do NAT ? within the config it just bounces back a message that makes no sense....Feeling rather stupid right now not being able to do this basic config!!!!

kPradeep_venkata 11-14-2008 05:30 PM

these are the two ways i use to do on asa 5520

nat (inside) 3 10.20.30.42 255.255.255.255 - this is if any any global pool of public IP address defined

static (inside,outside) Public_IP 192.168.149.41 netmask 255.255.255.255 - this is to nat an private IP with Public IP explicitly

this is same procedure on asa 5510 also