Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unsigned subtraction (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t643289-unsigned-subtraction.html)

andrew_ross 11-06-2008 03:24 PM

Unsigned subtraction

Hi guys..
I have to use a carry look ahead adder component (32bit), to implement a module able to perform addition (both signed and unsigned) , subtraction(signed and unsigned).
The only issue is the unsigned subtraction...how do I can do it? (in signed case I convert the number to 2's complement)..
thanks in advance..

andrew r.

jeppe 11-06-2008 06:35 PM

Hi
I got a feeling that the signed/unsigned part comes free - if you just implement the circuit for addition / subtraction.

You can find a lot of inspiration at this site.
http://tima-cmp.imag.fr/~guyot/Cours...ish/Adspec.htm

Jeppe

andrew_ross 11-06-2008 08:14 PM

Thanks a lot..I'll try right right now..