Velocity Reviews

-   -   Query netgroup information through python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t643189-query-netgroup-information-through-python.html)

Joel Heenan 11-05-2008 11:34 PM

Query netgroup information through python

Python List,

We have a setup where we have implemented NIS Netgroups through LDAP.
I'm looking to query this information through python. We don't have a
nis domain or nis server so I don't think the nis module is
appropriate, what I think I'm looking for is python bindings for nss
(name switching services). Does such a module exist? grp, pwd, spwd I
think are all going through NSS but do not handle netgroups.

Thanks

Joel