Velocity Reviews

-   -   Errors in IAS event log while trying to setup WPA2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t643109-errors-in-ias-event-log-while-trying-to-setup-wpa2.html)

Starrett 11-05-2008 03:44 PM

Errors in IAS event log while trying to setup WPA2

Hello Experts,

I have a WindowsNT4.0 domain, Windows2003 IAS with self-signed cert., and a
Cisco AP1242AG setup to use WPA2.
I cannot seem to get a domain user to authenticate.
I'm looking for some help to figure it out.
I receive 2 EventID's in the System log on the IAS server, see below:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: IAS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date: 11/5/2008
Time: 10:27:08 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AUTH01
User test was denied access.
Fully-Qualified-User-Name = OURDOMAINHERE\test
NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.17.228
NAS-Identifier = ap
Called-Station-Identifier = <not present>
Calling-Station-Identifier = <not present>
Client-Friendly-Name = AP01Bldg10Warehouse
Client-IP-Address = 172.16.17.228
NAS-Port-Type = Async
NAS-Port = <not present>
Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
Authentication-Provider = Windows
Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
Policy-Name = Connections to other access servers
Authentication-Type = PAP
EAP-Type = <undetermined>
Reason-Code = 66
Reason = The user attempted to use an authentication method that is not
enabled on the matching remote access policy.
Data: 0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

Event Type: Error
Event Source: IAS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5052
Date: 11/5/2008
Time: 10:27:08 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AUTH01
There is no domain controller available for domain OURDOMAINHERE.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 11-05-2008 08:07 PM

Re: Errors in IAS event log while trying to setup WPA2

NAS-Port-Type = Async could be the problem. This post may help too.

Event ID 2: Reason-Code = 668 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Mar 7
event ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=664

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE