Velocity Reviews

-   -   emergency call via sipgate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t642297-emergency-call-via-sipgate.html)

bobgarb@gmail.com 11-01-2008 07:52 AM

emergency call via sipgate

I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
provide a great service.

Bob

Nick 11-01-2008 12:27 PM

Re: emergency call via sipgate

<bobgarb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
> couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> provide a great service.
>
> Bob

Any idea who and where your initial call was answered?

Graham. 11-01-2008 01:22 PM

Re: emergency call via sipgate

<bobgarb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
> couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> provide a great service.
>
> Bob

This is very intresting news. There has been a tab in the
settings area of their website for a few weeks now
where you can register your location, but the 999/112
was connecting to a recording that said the service was
not possible a week or so ago when I tried.

There is now a flash on the main screen when you have logged in
which says
Important notice: In order to be able to contact the emergency
services from your sipgate account, you have to configure and activate
your emergency location! Without doing so, making an emergency call
is not possible and could put you and your loved ones in jeopardy
should an emergency occur! Configure now
So, as I don't particulaly want to test this again myself,
did you fill in the registration on the site, or is the above
statement not totally true?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

bobgarb@gmail.com 11-01-2008 02:55 PM

On Nov 1, 12:27*pm, "Nick" <not.kn...@here.com.uk> wrote:
> <bobg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> > was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> > the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. *A
> > couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> > shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> > not clear down! *Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> > provide a great service.

> > Bob

> Any idea who and where your initial call was answered?

In the heat of the moment I sure the operator said sheffield.

bobgarb@gmail.com 11-01-2008 03:03 PM

On Nov 1, 1:22*pm, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> <bobg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> > was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> > the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. *A
> > couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> > shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> > not clear down! *Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> > provide a great service.

> > Bob

> This is very intresting news. There has been a tab in the
> settings area of their website for a few weeks now
> where you can register your location, but the 999/112
> was connecting to a recording that said the service was
> not possible a week or so ago when I tried.
>
> There is now a flash on the main screen when you have logged in
> which says
> Important notice: In order to be able to contact the emergency
> services from your sipgate account, you have to configure and activate
> your emergency location! Without doing so, making an emergency call
> is not possible and could put you and your loved ones in jeopardy
> should an emergency occur! Configure now
> So, as I don't particulaly want to test this again myself,
> did you fill in the registration on the site, or is the above
> statement not totally true?
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Yes the first time I registered about a month ago, it came as active
and then after a few days it said that It was not active.I then
contacted the sipgate helpline and was told that it was another firm
that handled the emergency side and to contact them again, after a few
days I got a email from Sipgate informing me that it was active.
anyway, it worked very well last night.When we had a vonage account it
was shamble, we live in south london and our call was handled in
Essex, the Police operator got all stressed and said" What are you
calling us here for" then transferred the call to the Met. when we
tried to put the line down the damn phone kept ringing !followed by a
stressed police operator that kept saying " Please replace your
handset" Wife told here she was going to chuck the phone and the ata
out of the window!

bobgarb@gmail.com 11-01-2008 03:04 PM

Re: emergency call via sipgate

On Nov 1, 1:22*pm, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> <bobg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> > was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> > the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. *A
> > couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> > shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> > not clear down! *Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> > provide a great service.

> > Bob

> This is very intresting news. There has been a tab in the
> settings area of their website for a few weeks now
> where you can register your location, but the 999/112
> was connecting to a recording that said the service was
> not possible a week or so ago when I tried.
>
> There is now a flash on the main screen when you have logged in
> which says
> Important notice: In order to be able to contact the emergency
> services from your sipgate account, you have to configure and activate
> your emergency location! Without doing so, making an emergency call
> is not possible and could put you and your loved ones in jeopardy
> should an emergency occur! Configure now
> So, as I don't particulaly want to test this again myself,
> did you fill in the registration on the site, or is the above
> statement not totally true?
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

it should work if you try it again

bobgarb@gmail.com 11-01-2008 03:08 PM

take a look at this http://www.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.p...qw=999%20calls

Graham. 11-01-2008 03:47 PM

Re: emergency call via sipgate

> >I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> > was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> > the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
> > couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> > shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> > not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> > provide a great service.

> > Bob

> This is very intresting news. There has been a tab in the
> settings area of their website for a few weeks now
> where you can register your location, but the 999/112
> was connecting to a recording that said the service was
> not possible a week or so ago when I tried.
>
> There is now a flash on the main screen when you have logged in
> which says
> Important notice: In order to be able to contact the emergency
> services from your sipgate account, you have to configure and activate
> your emergency location! Without doing so, making an emergency call
> is not possible and could put you and your loved ones in jeopardy
> should an emergency occur! Configure now
> So, as I don't particulaly want to test this again myself,
> did you fill in the registration on the site, or is the above
> statement not totally true?
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Yes the first time I registered about a month ago, it came as active
and then after a few days it said that It was not active.I then
contacted the sipgate helpline and was told that it was another firm
that handled the emergency side and to contact them again, after a few
days I got a email from Sipgate informing me that it was active.
anyway, it worked very well last night.When we had a vonage account it
was shamble, we live in south london and our call was handled in
Essex, the Police operator got all stressed and said" What are you
calling us here for" then transferred the call to the Met. when we
tried to put the line down the damn phone kept ringing !followed by a
stressed police operator that kept saying " Please replace your
handset" Wife told here she was going to chuck the phone and the ata
out of the window!

I just wonder if it will work when you haven't registered your
address, they say it won't but that might be just to encourage
you to register. I can see some dilemmas here with the fact that
by it's very nature VoIP calls can originate from anywhere.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Piers Finlayson 11-01-2008 05:21 PM

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 00:52:27 -0700 (PDT), bobgarb@gmail.com wrote:

> I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
> was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
> the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
> couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
> shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
> not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
> provide a great service.

It won't let me register my address. It keeps saying

"Your address appears to be invalid. Please check your emergency address."

Perhaps it can't cope with Wales.

Graham. 11-01-2008 05:42 PM

"Piers Finlayson" <news@packom.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 00:52:27 -0700 (PDT), bobgarb@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I used my sipgate account to make a emergency call to the police and
>> was very impressed, was asked to confirm my location and what service,
>> the oerator then informed police that Iws voip caller ##########. A
>> couple of years ago I made another 999 call via vonage and it was a
>> shambles, got routed to the wrong police force and then the line would
>> not clear down! Keep up the good work Sipgate, you are cheaper and
>> provide a great service.
>>

> It won't let me register my address. It keeps saying
>
> "Your address appears to be invalid. Please check your emergency address."
>
> Perhaps it can't cope with Wales.

I get An error has occured. (sic.) Please try again later.
Maybe we need an "Honour", shall I wait until New Year?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%