Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Using the Ctrl key to multiple selections but get unwanted copies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t641971-using-the-ctrl-key-to-multiple-selections-but-get-unwanted-copies.html)

Jim 10-30-2008 10:50 PM

Using the Ctrl key to multiple selections but get unwanted copies

Why does this happen???
I am making multiple selections by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking
items or mouse-over item. Somewhere along the way, a copy process starts and
everything I have selected is copied/duplicated. I must then go and delete
all the unwanted copies.
I cannot figure out why this is happeniing. Would someone please tell me
what it is that I am doing wrong?
--
Thanks, Jim

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\) 10-31-2008 01:39 AM

Re: Using the Ctrl key to multiple selections but get unwanted copies

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does this happen???
> I am making multiple selections by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking
> items or mouse-over item. Somewhere along the way, a copy process starts
> and
> everything I have selected is copied/duplicated. I must then go and
> delete
> all the unwanted copies.

This happens because you inadvertently DRAG the mouse whilst rapidly
performing those Ctrl-Click maneuvers.

It happens to me from time to time also, and yes, it's quite annoying.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com