Velocity Reviews

-   -   compiling from 3 party editor (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t641950-compiling-from-3-party-editor.html)

Jan 10-29-2008 09:07 PM

compiling from 3 party editor

Dear group,

I'm using Xilinx ISE to write and compile my VHDL code but I would like
to use an external editor like VIM or SlickEdit.

I just can't find any information about how to do syntax check or
compiling from outside the ISE.

I guess that there is a command line way to do this??

Hope to get a clue :-) Thanks!

Regards
Jan

Benjamin Krill 10-29-2008 09:58 PM

Re: compiling from 3 party editor

Hi Jan

> I guess that there is a command line way to do this??

Yes, there a ways. Either you use xflow or you call all tools
(xst, map, par, ...) by your own.

cheers
ben

Mike Treseler 10-30-2008 03:45 AM

Jan wrote:

> I'm using Xilinx ISE to write and compile my VHDL code but I would like
> to use an external editor like VIM or SlickEdit.

Most editors have some way to set a compile command
and and a regexp for the resulting syntax errors.
My vhdl compile command is "vcom"

-- Mike Treseler