Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Re: Under Attack (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t640540-re-under-attack.html)

Aardvark 10-19-2008 03:56 PM

Re: Under Attack
 
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:

> Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
> Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get entry.
> IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click on links
> suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get messages
> telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009, which I know
> is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it because there is
> no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a few seconds and I
> can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very slow.
>
> I have WinXPSP2.
>
> Paul


< SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>

Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>

Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.



--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 10-19-2008 06:19 PM

Re: Under Attack
 
Aardvark <aardvark@youllnever.know> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:
>
>> Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
>> Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get entry.
>> IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click on links
>> suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get messages
>> telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009, which I know
>> is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it because there is
>> no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a few seconds and I
>> can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very slow.
>>
>> I have WinXPSP2.


>< SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>
>
>Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>
>
>Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.


I ran his log at http://www.hijackthis.de/en
it crashed it :).,Three times, maybe something wrong site wise.
--

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/...d3710853_o.jpg

Aardvark 10-19-2008 06:38 PM

Re: Under Attack
 
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:19:47 -0700, Pennywise wrote:

> Aardvark <aardvark@youllnever.know> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:
>>
>>> Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
>>> Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get
>>> entry. IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click
>>> on links suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get
>>> messages telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009,
>>> which I know is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it
>>> because there is no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a
>>> few seconds and I can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very
>>> slow.
>>>
>>> I have WinXPSP2.

>
>>< SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>
>>
>>Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>
>>
>>Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.

>
> I ran his log at http://www.hijackthis.de/en it crashed it :).,Three
> times, maybe something wrong site wise.


LOL. I broke it too :-)



--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

G. Morgan 10-19-2008 09:21 PM

Re: Under Attack
 
Aardvark wrote:

>> I ran his log at http://www.hijackthis.de/en it crashed it :).,Three
>> times, maybe something wrong site wise.

>
>LOL. I broke it too :-)


Try it here:
http://www.2-spyware.com/hjt.php

--
It takes a big man to cry,
but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handey

Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

G. Morgan 10-19-2008 09:47 PM

Re: Under Attack
 
Pennywise wrote:


>http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/...d3710853_o.jpg





What a hellhole. I really wanted to know what that was, and after some
digging I found out. It's gone now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City


--
It takes a big man to cry,
but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handey

Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.