Velocity Reviews

-   -   keywords with or without blank (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t640522-keywords-with-or-without-blank.html)

Oliver 10-19-2008 11:46 AM

keywords with or without blank

hi,

does it make a difference if keywords are written with or without a blank
within the meta name tags?

e.g.:

with:

without:
meta name="keywords" lang="de" content="keyword1,keyword2,keyword3" />

thanks
oli

rf 10-19-2008 12:09 PM

Re: keywords with or without blank

"Oliver" <oliver1967@gmx.net> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> does it make a difference if keywords are written with or without a blank
> within the meta name tags?
>
> e.g.:
>
> with:
>
> without:
> meta name="keywords" lang="de" content="keyword1,keyword2,keyword3" />

Nobody looks at keywords nowdays anyway. Why do you need to know?

Oliver 10-19-2008 12:32 PM

Re: keywords with or without blank

> Nobody looks at keywords nowdays anyway. Why do you need to know?

I want to know if there is a corect syntax. If webcrawler/syper analyzes the
meta-tags of a webside, does it make a difference to them to interpret the
keywords if they are written with or without a blank between the comma.

What prescribes the html-regulation? Can't find anything about this matter.

Oli

rf 10-19-2008 12:43 PM

>> Nobody looks at keywords nowdays anyway. Why do you need to know?

> I want to know if there is a corect syntax. If webcrawler/syper analyzes
> the meta-tags of a webside, does it make a difference to them to interpret
> the keywords if they are written with or without a blank between the
> comma.

Ask webcrawler/spyer.

file:///C:/www/x/www.w3.org/TR/html401/index.html

Oliver 10-19-2008 06:25 PM

Re: keywords with or without blank

thanks to all!

oli

dorayme 10-19-2008 08:32 PM

Re: keywords with or without blank

In article <lLSdnV0VfqBX5mbV4p2dnAA@giganews.com>,
Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:

> Keep it looking like a human wrote it.

That is what I do, I am terrified of being found out.

--
dorayme

Oliver 10-19-2008 09:47 PM

Re: keywords with or without blank

.... special thanks to you Guy!

Oliver

dorayme 10-21-2008 12:27 AM

Re: keywords with or without blank

In article <_9mdneLwr6LVh2DVnZ2dnUVZ_gGdnZ2d@centurytel.net >,
Youcantoo <youcantoo@findmoore.net> wrote:

> rf wrote:
> > "Oliver" <oliver1967@gmx.net> wrote in message
> >> I want to know if there is a corect syntax. If webcrawler/syper analyzes
> >> the meta-tags of a webside, does it make a difference to them to interpret
> >> the keywords if they are written with or without a blank between the
> >> comma.

> > Ask webcrawler/spyer.
> >
> >> What prescribes the html-regulation? Can't find anything about this
> >> matter.

> > file:///C:/www/x/www.w3.org/TR/html401/index.html
> >

> Why be such a prick about it. If you don't know or don't care why make a
> smart ass remark?

Please be tolerant, he is Australian and this is his way of inviting you
to discuss the issue, of learning about the advantages and disadvantages
of using keywords. It is a sort of rough kindness that sometimes takes
North Americans and Sophisticated Europeans aback and which they mistake
for aggressive opposition. Butter would not melt in his mouth. Trust me.
(Please do not upset rf, he can go off in a huff and I have to go around
trying to chase him back in ...)

btw, I overheard a couple of crawlers talking the other day and one of
them said to the other, "Some keywords are separated by commas and no
space and others by commas with spaces..." at which point the other
interrupted and said. "So ****ing what?". The reply, I recall, was
something like "Exactly! That's what I think too. I could not give a
monkey's toss either way."

--
dorayme