Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6404-wireless-network-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.html)

=?Utf-8?B?bmlja3Nwb29u?= 04-28-2005 09:40 PM

Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address"

I have a PC and a laptop, one with an Am1772 wireless PCI card, the other
with the same card except it's PCMCIA. When I try to set up an ad-hoc
wireless network, everything goes fine until I get to actually connecting.
The connection gets stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" on both PCs. They
both have "set IP automatically" on them and ICS is not used (yet). At one
point I got a "Limited or No Connectivity" error on my laptop, but that's
gone now. Both machines have XP SP2 on them. Also, when I do IPConfig when
they're both stuck, both of them say their IP is 0.0.0.0! I did get them to
connect once, but then the connection died and I couldn't get it again.

=?Utf-8?B?anZhcmdhc3E=?= 07-08-2005 06:29 PM

RE: Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address"

Hi, I had a similar problem and the error appeared because I had the DHCP
Client service in manual mode... I just started the service and turned it to
automatic mode and solved the problem!

Regards,

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZQ==?= 08-16-2005 05:42 PM

RE: Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Addres

Yes, I've had a similar problem, and have checked the DHCP client service,
which says it is both running and automatic. But still no joy :-(

=?Utf-8?B?VE9OWUc=?= 10-19-2005 01:52 PM

RE: Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Addres

I have the same problem. DHCP is OK, have tried restarting but still no joy.

Is it worth removing SP2?

John 10-20-2005 07:31 AM

TONYG wrote:
> I have the same problem. DHCP is OK, have tried restarting but still no joy.
>
> Is it worth removing SP2?
>
> "Charlie" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I've had a similar problem, and have checked the DHCP client service,
> > which says it is both running and automatic. But still no joy :-(
> >
> > "jvargasq" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I had a similar problem and the error appeared because I had the DHCP
> > > Client service in manual mode... I just started the service and turned it to
> > > automatic mode and solved the problem!
> > >
> > > Regards,

I had a similar problem. There are a few TCP/IP 'fixes' out there
(http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html, for example) but
none seemed to fix my problem. I eventually sorted it out by altering
my security level. I had WPA set up on both my router and my network
connections under XP and it turned out that my Wireless adapter was not
WPA-compatible (duh!). Strangely, though, it did connect occasionally.
Anyhow, I switched both the router and network adapter back to WEP and
everything is now working fine.

J.