Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: My motherboard shorted out (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t640347-re-my-motherboard-shorted-out.html)

hwأf 10-17-2008 04:30 PM

Re: My motherboard shorted out

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:44:17 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
with the following claims :

> Thanks fellows for this endarkened discussion. Everything is clear as
> mud now.
> Maybe I had just better go back to my old IBM pc with 128k dual floppy
> drives, DOS 2.0, and 4.77 mhz speed. I had no problems at all with
> that system. :-)

Sounds like yer bitching about the cost-of-replacement.
Find a local shop (not geeksquad) and take the drive in and have them put
it in a bare-bones system thats in yer price range.
HTH

http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

hwأf 10-23-2008 04:17 PM

Re: My motherboard shorted out

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:10:09 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
with the following claims :

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:30:28 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <snuhwolf@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:44:17 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
>>with the following claims :
>>

>>> Thanks fellows for this endarkened discussion. Everything is clear as
>>> mud now.
>>> Maybe I had just better go back to my old IBM pc with 128k dual floppy
>>> drives, DOS 2.0, and 4.77 mhz speed. I had no problems at all with
>>> that system. :-)

>>Sounds like yer bitching about the cost-of-replacement.
>>Find a local shop (not geeksquad) and take the drive in and have them put
>>it in a bare-bones system thats in yer price range.
>>HTH

> I got tired of the HO not working after I installed the new fan last
> week so I took it out to Computers 21 to let them look at it. I didn't
> say anything about what the Geek squad told me. I just told them it
> wouldn't boot up and I got error messages saying the fan wasn't
> working.
>
> They called about ten minutes ago to tell me it was fixed.
>
> I asked them what was wrong.
>
> They said the computer wasn't picking up the revolutions of the new
> fan. So they fixed that and now the computer knows the fan is turning.
> They also said the PCI card and a couple of other cards were not
> seated properly. I rarely screw them down like I should.
>
> Total cost of repair. $45.00!
>
> I'm as happy as a mouse in a cheese factory! :-))

Ive read more *complaints* about geeksquad than reccomendations :)
Supposedly before BestBuy bought them they were a small company in
minnesota or wisconsin and they had a very good reputation.
But like any company that gets big they loose sight of what made them
popular: excellent service. Profit becomes the ultimate goal and the rest
is history...

http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg