Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: I am Trying to copy the Files from the Rovered drive to a USB Drive..? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t639919-re-i-am-trying-to-copy-the-files-from-the-rovered-drive-to-a-usb-drive.html)

Dave Taylor 10-15-2008 07:35 AM

Re: I am Trying to copy the Files from the Rovered drive to a USB Drive..?

OZZY Boy <oboy@bigboy.com.auu> wrote in

> Or is there a Tool that will let me copy the This drive..

If it is NTFS, then you need to "take Ownership" because they are probably
System files.
"Who lock me" is also useful

--
Ciao, Dave

Richard 10-15-2008 11:00 AM

OZZY Boy wrote:

> These are Spare files on a diffrent drive than XP, one was a Dr Watson dump file, I don't think
> that was a system file..

Have you checked the permissions of the file?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 10-15-2008 06:47 PM

In message <t0nbf49l9krja36ltp17dquqho33mhaf6c@4ax.com>, OZZY Boy wrote:

> These are stacks of files ...

A Linux system can copy millions of files no problem.

> ... and this computer in not on a newwork ...

Would an oldwork make any difference?

> ... and it does not list the file full name.

I thought "short" names only existed on VFAT volumes, not NTFS ones. Are you
sure you're talking NTFS?