Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: The Only thing now will SP3 go on easy..? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t639840-re-the-only-thing-now-will-sp3-go-on-easy.html)

EMB 10-14-2008 06:15 PM

OZZY Boy wrote:

> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
that an extra 256MB will cost you.

Cima 10-14-2008 11:55 PM

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>OZZY Boy wrote:
>>
>> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

>RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
>than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
>that an extra 256MB will cost you.

I looked at a PC this morning that had 128MB, all patched up to SP3. She said it
was running quite slow- NO ****! Had a bag of SDRAM with me and chucked some in.
Runs better now, although if it was mine I would've thrown it out the window a
long time ago. I always cop people with these bloody old shitty underpowered HPs
:-(

Richard 10-15-2008 01:54 AM

Cima wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OZZY Boy wrote:
>>> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

>> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
>> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
>> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

> I looked at a PC this morning that had 128MB, all patched up to SP3. She said it
> was running quite slow- NO ****! Had a bag of SDRAM with me and chucked some in.
> Runs better now, although if it was mine I would've thrown it out the window a
> long time ago. I always cop people with these bloody old shitty underpowered HPs
> :-(

Yes, some people never seem to value their own time wasted when figuring
out upgrades etc. Quite sad really.

Richard 10-15-2008 01:56 AM

Bret wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:10:46 +1300, OZZY Boy wrote:

>>> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
>>> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
>>> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

>> THIS IS NOT MY PC..
>>
>> Plus that type of Ram costs heaps..
>>
>> NO RAM IS NOT CHEAP..

> A-Data DDR400 512MB $21.80
> 512Mb DDR400 Corsair Value Select $35.00
>
> Assuming DDR, looks cheap to me.

for all we know it may be an old workstation from the rambus era, in
which case it wouldnt be that cheap. Mind you, when I had that problem I
sold the ram, and got a dual channel DDR motherboard, the ram, a case
and PSU for what I sold the ram for ;)

EMB 10-15-2008 11:02 AM

OZZY Boy wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OZZY Boy wrote:
>>> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

>> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
>> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
>> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

> THIS IS NOT MY PC..
>
> Plus that type of Ram costs heaps..

What type of RAM you obnoxious old **** who hasn't yet acknowledged the
help he recieved here?

> NO RAM IS NOT CHEAP..

Pretty much all ordinary PC RAM is cheap now - even SD-RAM is worth so
little that I normally bin it rather than bother selling it on Tardme.

EMB 10-15-2008 06:26 PM

~misfit~ wrote:
> LOL, I've typo'ed it as 'Tardme' a few times and, although I thought it
> funny, have always corrected it. I like it, it is rather fitting huh? :-)

The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/

Click on the image. :-)

Cima 10-15-2008 08:06 PM

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:26:00 +1300, EMB <embtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>~misfit~ wrote:
>> LOL, I've typo'ed it as 'Tardme' a few times and, although I thought it
>> funny, have always corrected it. I like it, it is rather fitting huh? :-)

>The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/
>
>Click on the image. :-)

I always chuckle at the "Stalk Sum1" 'link' they have for Findsomeone. Probably
a very apt name for it, LOL!

Bruce Sinclair 10-15-2008 11:15 PM

In article <48f672f9@news.x-privat.org>, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.com.au> wrote:
>Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Cima" typed:
>>> The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/
>>> Click on the image. :-)

>> I always chuckle at the "Stalk Sum1" 'link' they have for
>> Findsomeone. Probably a very apt name for it, LOL!

>.... and for the reason you allude to I never "help" when I get emails from
>oldfriends asking if I can help find Jimmy Hoffa (or whomever).
>
>I only signed up to upload some of my old school class photos really....
>Honest.

I would have been happy to upload some old photos ... but won't be signing
up to do it. :) :)

EMB 10-16-2008 06:38 AM

OZZY Boy wrote:

> Only the low end brands are cheap, these ones that are in my PS still sell for heaps..
>
> Kingmax brand DDR 400/433

$50ish for 512MB - which in the general scheme of things is not
expensive at all. And for about half that amount you can buy comparable
lifetime warrantied RAM from other manufacturers.