Velocity Reviews

-   -   let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t639770-let-me-know-how-long-it-takes-preparation-of-three-exam.html)

abdi shakor 10-14-2008 09:11 AM

let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

am student of MCSE i wanna pass minimum 95% so how long it takes
preparation of 70-270,70-290,70-291,70-294 and so on but i finished basic
about MCP certified 70-270 and 70-290 i wanna pass i need help and advice and
what is important to do when am doing preparation you can contact me
shirbow@inbox.com

Lawrence Garvin 10-14-2008 04:36 PM

Re: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

"abdi shakor" <abdi shakor @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> am student of MCSE i wanna pass minimum 95%

First of all.. I commend you for your ambition.... but...

[a] The passing score is an ordinal value of "700", and not based on any
such percentage, and
[b] From my observations over the past ten years of taking certification
exams -- if you get in the mid-800s you've studied well,
and if you break 900 you're probably a product expert,
and I can count on one hand the number of scores > 950 that I've
ever seen in my life.
(and none of 'em were mine!)

> preparation of 70-270,70-290,70-291,70-294 and so on but i finished basic
> about MCP certified 70-270 and 70-290 i wanna pass i need help and advice
> and
> what is important to do when am doing preparation you can contact me

There are two things you must do if you want to score in the 900s on a
Microsoft Certification Exam:

[1] Study, study, study, and then study some more,
[2] And for every hour that you study, spend about two hours actually
working hands-on with the technology.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

catwalker63 10-14-2008 08:14 PM

Re: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

"Lawrence Garvin" <lawrence@nospam> prattled ceaselessly in

<snip>
> [b] From my observations over the past ten years of taking
> certification exams -- if you get in the mid-800s you've studied well,
> and if you break 900 you're probably a product expert,
> and I can count on one hand the number of scores > 950 that
> I've
> ever seen in my life.
> (and none of 'em were mine!)

<snip>

I got one > 950. For XP. Score 984. The rest ranged between 801 and 930.
From the discussions regarding MS scoring, I have no idea whether to be
proud of my scores or not. I passed. And I've successfully used the
useful part of what I learned. I suppose that's all that really matters.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Kline Sphere 10-14-2008 08:31 PM

Re: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

> i need help

agreed

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Mungus 10-15-2008 08:21 AM

RE: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

It's an impossible question to answer. It will depend on what you already
know, how good a student you are, how smart you are, how good you are at
exams, what questions you get on the day... I'd say that if you're
determined to resit the exams until you get >95% in all of them, you'll be at
it a long time.

dino kwang yang 10-15-2008 09:28 AM

Re: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

> It's an impossible question to answer. It will depend on what you already
> know, how good a student you are, how smart you are, how good you are at
> exams, what questions you get on the day... I'd say that if you're
> determined to resit the exams until you get >95% in all of them, you'll be
> at
> it a long time.

I'm with you.
Without any experience, i think 9 months or more, but this couldn't be
enough....
with experience, read the training kit make some test, and in 2 months this
can be done..

LarryWestMCSD 10-21-2008 02:48 PM

RE: let me know how long it takes preparation of three exam

Except that once you get over 700 on an exam you can't retake it again. But
then again, no one knows what your score is unless you tell them. It is NOT
on the public transcripts. As far as people know, you scored a 1000 on every
exam you took (even those where the top score is 950). Of course, they have
no way of proving you wrong.

Any score above 700 to me signifies that you wasted too much time studying
for the exam when you could have been doing something else (like having a
life).
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS