Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why is the div background box not growing? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t639228-why-is-the-div-background-box-not-growing.html)

saurabh9 10-10-2008 06:24 AM

Why is the div background box not growing?

Hi,
if you open the following site in Firefox 3, the green background is
not growing in height with the text content. This seems to be working
fine in Internet Explorer 6 though. What have I done wrong?

http://www.saurabhkumar.com/rac/school/

saurabh9 10-10-2008 07:30 AM

Re: Why is the div background box not growing?

On Oct 10, 12:17*pm, Ben C <spams...@spam.eggs> wrote:
> On 2008-10-10, saurabh9 <saura...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > if you open the following site in Firefox 3, the green background is
> > not growing in height with the text content. This seems to be working
> > fine in Internet Explorer 6 though. What have I done wrong?

> >http://www.saurabhkumar.com/rac/school/

> Replace height: 30em on #body with overflow: hidden.
>
> Seehttp://netweaver.com.au/floatHousefor explanation.

Thanks it worked!

Bergamot 10-10-2008 02:39 PM

saurabh9 wrote:
> On Oct 10, 12:17 pm, Ben C <spams...@spam.eggs> wrote:
>> On 2008-10-10, saurabh9 <saura...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > if you open the following site in Firefox 3, the green background is
>> > not growing in height with the text content.

>> >http://www.saurabhkumar.com/rac/school/

>> Replace height: 30em on #body with overflow: hidden.

> Thanks it worked!

Now you can fix the next problem - spacing in the navigation bar when
the text line wraps. Try making your text size larger and/or the browser
window narrower and see what happens.

--
Berg