Velocity Reviews

-   -   cannot connect wirelessly (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t639133-cannot-connect-wirelessly.html)

Chris Bondy 10-09-2008 03:35 PM

cannot connect wirelessly

I have a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop and a desktop. The
desktop is hardwired tot he router and works fine. The laptop was connected
wirelessly for a few months and was working fine until yesterday whe all of a
sudden I could not connect to the router. I've tried connecting using the
built in card, a plug in card and I've tried connecting wirelessly to both my
modem and router and I cannot do any of the above anymore. What gives?

Chris Bondy 10-09-2008 04:10 PM

RE: cannot connect wirelessly

I also tried to connect my laptop directly to the modem and router with an
ehternet cable. Cannot get the internet that way either now.

Chris Bondy 10-09-2008 04:44 PM

RE: cannot connect wirelessly

I ran a dianostics test and it said there was a problem with the winsock
provider catalogue. I reset it to default but still cannot connect to the
net.

Phillip Windell 10-09-2008 05:52 PM

"Chris Bondy" <ChrisBondy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran a dianostics test and it said there was a problem with the winsock
> provider catalogue. I reset it to default but still cannot connect to the
> net.

Did it mention anything about a "Layered Service Provider" [LSP] with
respect to Winsock?

If it did, there was a tool called "LSPfix" that may still be out on the Net
somewhere that could straighten that out.

LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
lspfix.txt. New in this version:. LSP chains entirely verified on program
start, and status (errors / no errors) now displayed on the program main
window. ...
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

LSPFix - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Come to CNET Download.com for free and safe LSPFix downloads. Repair Winsock
2 settings caused by adware and spyware applications.
http://www.download.com/LSPFix/3000-...-10417026.html - 86k - Cached -
Similar pages

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 10-09-2008 11:37 PM

Re: cannot connect wirelessly

Hi
If the LSP-Fix but itself did not work try this process.
http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking),