Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless netwok icon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t638357-wireless-netwok-icon.html)

Caroline 10-04-2008 09:42 PM

Wireless netwok icon

I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 10-05-2008 01:45 AM

Re: Wireless netwok icon

Hi
It could be that the Wireless card is physically switched Off, or something
happened to its drivers.
Follow the process in this page it should help you to find the trouble.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html

Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

Caroline 10-05-2008 01:38 PM

Re: Wireless netwok icon

Thank you Jack, but the link doesn't work. Any suggestions?

nass 10-05-2008 02:36 PM

RE: Wireless netwok icon

"Caroline" wrote:

> I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
> also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?

Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
Right Click and select properties.
On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
check boxes are checked:
[ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
[ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
Click [Apply] the [OK]

Right click Start Button and select properties.
On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
opposite :
[ ] Hide inactive icons.
here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Caroline 10-05-2008 04:50 PM

RE: Wireless netwok icon

Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks

nass 10-05-2008 05:20 PM

RE: Wireless netwok icon

What about going to Device manager and select your wireless Adapter there.

Do you have another account you can log with and see if the issue will occur
with this account?

How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

What about if you switched the Wireless OFF and ON from the Switch on the
Laptop, does it appear?.

I would like to say Remove the Wireles adapter in Device manager then
restart the Laptop and windows will install it for you.

Caroline 10-05-2008 06:18 PM

RE: Wireless netwok icon

O.K. I guess the I have a major problem! Nothing shows in the device manager
either, time to bring the laptop to the pros,,,,,,I guess.

nass 10-05-2008 07:13 PM

RE: Wireless netwok icon

I'm afraid yes but did you tried to create a new Profile per the instruction
on the link I posted?

Or System Restore to before this happen.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 10-05-2008 07:46 PM

Re: Wireless netwok icon

Hi
Sorry, there is a typo in the link, this is working,