Velocity Reviews

-   -   2.6 multiprocessing and pdb (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t638084-2-6-multiprocessing-and-pdb.html)

Aaron \Castironpi\ Brady 10-02-2008 09:14 PM

2.6 multiprocessing and pdb

Hi,

I'm trying to step through a subprocess I launch with
multiprocessing. Does anyone know what hack to add? The actual call
comes in forking.Popen.__init__, Windows version, forking.py, line
222:

hp, ht, pid, tid = _subprocess.CreateProcess(
_python_exe, cmd, None, None, 1, 0, None, None, None
)

Gabriel Genellina 10-03-2008 08:05 AM

Re: 2.6 multiprocessing and pdb

En Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:14:07 -0300, Aaron "Castironpi" Brady
<castironpi@gmail.com> escribió:

> I'm trying to step through a subprocess I launch with
> multiprocessing. Does anyone know what hack to add? The actual call
> comes in forking.Popen.__init__, Windows version, forking.py, line
> 222:
>
> hp, ht, pid, tid = _subprocess.CreateProcess(
> _python_exe, cmd, None, None, 1, 0, None, None, None
> )

"to step through a subprocess" means that you are using a debugger (pdb?)
to execute the parent process, and want to debug the child process too?
You'll have to modify the command line (the cmd argument), so the child is
run thru the debugger too. I don't think pdb has any "remote" capabilities.

--
Gabriel Genellina