Velocity Reviews

-   -   Outlook Express (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t637559-outlook-express.html)

Dan 09-30-2008 02:57 AM

Outlook Express

Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?

Cheers Dan

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-30-2008 04:43 AM

Re: Outlook Express

In message
<a65a62d5-53b1-4c5e-9671-efe74c8665cf@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Dan
wrote:

> Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
> install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?

On the Internet, no-one can tell if you've made a backup or not.

PeeCee 09-30-2008 05:48 AM

Re: Outlook Express

"Dan" <dan_mapp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
> install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?
>
> Cheers Dan

Sigh, first hit in Google. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

P.

Tony in Oz 09-30-2008 06:19 AM

Re: Outlook Express

"Lawrence D'Oliveiro"
On the Internet, no-one can tell if you've made a backup or not.

*** Deep movie trailer voice**** On the internet, no one can hear you
scream....

Dave Taylor 09-30-2008 10:48 AM

Re: Outlook Express

"PeeCee" <abuse@local.host> wrote in news:gbsek4$oe2$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> "Dan" <dan_mapp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
>> install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?
>>
>> Cheers Dan

> Sigh, first hit in Google. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
>
> P.

I like this one better:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--
Ciao, Dave

Dan 09-30-2008 10:24 PM

Re: Outlook Express

Sorry all I will try again. How do you back up outlookexpess so you
can retain extisting emails after you have reformatted your c drive
and reloaded windows?

Cheers Dan

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 10-01-2008 06:33 AM

Re: Outlook Express

In message
<dd4e5cce-5730-451d-a9fb-3a439e311027@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, Dan
wrote:

> Sorry all I will try again.

What exactly are you sorry about?

~misfit~ 10-02-2008 12:00 AM

Re: Outlook Express

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Dan" typed:
> Sorry all I will try again. How do you back up outlookexpess so you
> can retain extisting emails after you have reformatted your c drive
> and reloaded windows?

Hi Dan,

Open Outlook Express, go to Tools, Options and then the Maintenance tab.
There you'll see you have the option to change OE's store folder. Put it in
the root directory of a drive (maybe C:\OEstore) and OE will then copy all
the file to there. Before you reformat, copy the folder to a USB stick or a
DVD-R. Then, with the new install, do the same thing, set your OE store
folder to somewhere that's easy for you to find and copy the contents of the
old folder to it. When you close then open OE again after doing that you
should have all your old emails and it should even be set up with your
previous email settings and newsgroup details.

I have the same OE store as I had ~10 years ago, migrated from one machine
to the next.

Good luck.
--
Shaun.