Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Shootin - Mandate request. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t637392-re-si-shootin-mandate-request.html)

Alien Jones 09-29-2008 01:10 AM

Re: [SI] Shootin - Mandate request.

"Russell D." <rmd@sfcn.org> wrote in news:6k9t2mF6jh4vU2
@mid.individual.net:

> Alan Browne wrote:
>>
>> Please submit mandates. In the current round, we are looking for
>> concrete and approachable mandates to encourage more photographers to
>> participate. Please avoid abstract themes.
>>

> Well, an obvious one, if it hasn't been done yet, is Autumn, at least
> here in the NH. Folks in SH could to Spring. Those should concrete and
> approachable if not to simplistic.
>
> Russell

Just what you need.

Browne spams all the International groups with his shootin crap - modified
from the easiely blocked *cross posted* retoric to stuff harder t6o kill
....telling us entries need to be shot for a mandate half the world can't
work with.

Absolutely master stroke Russell!

The world does not stop and start at continental USA mate.

Atheist Chaplain 09-29-2008 01:42 AM

"Alien Jones" <use-my-name-@y7mail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9B2871B65CBBEmynamey7mailcom@85.214.90.236 ...
> "Russell D." <rmd@sfcn.org> wrote in news:6k9t2mF6jh4vU2
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Alan Browne wrote:
>>>
>>> Please submit mandates. In the current round, we are looking for
>>> concrete and approachable mandates to encourage more photographers to
>>> participate. Please avoid abstract themes.
>>>

>> Well, an obvious one, if it hasn't been done yet, is Autumn, at least
>> here in the NH. Folks in SH could to Spring. Those should concrete and
>> approachable if not to simplistic.
>>
>> Russell
>>

> Just what you need.
>
> Browne spams all the International groups with his shootin crap - modified
> from the easiely blocked *cross posted* retoric to stuff harder t6o kill
> ...telling us entries need to be shot for a mandate half the world can't
> work with.
>
> Absolutely master stroke Russell!
>
> The world does not stop and start at continental USA mate.

so was the mention of doing spring in the (S)outhern (H)emisphere to
simplistic for even your meagre intelligence to grasp Douggie ??

Don Hirschberg

Jeff R. 09-29-2008 01:53 AM

Alien Jones wrote:
> "Russell D." <rmd@sfcn.org> wrote in news:6k9t2mF6jh4vU2
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Alan Browne wrote:
>>>
>>> Please submit mandates. In the current round, we are looking for
>>> concrete and approachable mandates to encourage more photographers
>>> to participate. Please avoid abstract themes.
>>>

>> Well, an obvious one, if it hasn't been done yet, is Autumn, at least
>> here in the NH. Folks in SH could to Spring. Those should concrete
>> and approachable if not to simplistic.
>>
>> Russell
>>

> Just what you need.
>
> Browne spams all the International groups with his shootin crap -
> modified from the easiely blocked *cross posted* retoric to stuff
> harder t6o kill ...telling us entries need to be shot for a mandate
> half the world can't work with.
>
> Absolutely master stroke Russell!
>
> The world does not stop and start at continental USA mate.

Read what you quoted, Doug, before you spew ill-founded invective.

Alan: How about "Linear Panoramas"?

....then Douggie could submit his Manly shot:
http://www.mendosus.com/photography/doug.html
finally.

--
Jeff R.

Jeff R. 09-29-2008 03:30 AM

Alan Browne wrote:
> Jeff R. wrote:
>
>> Alan: How about "Linear Panoramas"?

> Actually, panoramas of any kind would be a welcome mandate, perhaps
> as a parallel technical challenge. Some of the participants may not
> have the s/w to stitch panos together.
>
> Let's discuss this after we select the Oct. mandate if you don't mind.

Okeydoke

I'm tempted to suggested "dogs" or "motorcycles" (or "woof" and "vrooom"
for the artsy amongst us) but thay would probably betray my interests a
lttle too intimately.

--
Jeff R.
(on hols now, so busting for the next mandate)