Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dual boot 64 32 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t637246-dual-boot-64-32-a.html)

xc 09-27-2008 07:02 PM

Dual boot 64 32

Hi group, is it possible to implement dual boot
XP Win32 with XP Win64, or some another combination like
XP Win32 with Vista Win64
on the same machine ? thanks, Carlos.

Zootal 09-27-2008 07:29 PM

Re: Dual boot 64 32

You can dual boot many operating systems with ease. I'm currently booting
DOS6.2, WinXP64, WinXP32, and Linux. To answer your specific questions -
Yes, provided each operating system has it's own partition, ie. put XP32 on
the C drive and XP64 on the D drive.

Charlie Russel - MVP 09-27-2008 08:18 PM

Re: Dual boot 64 32

Yes. The key is to install them in the order they were released. So, for
example, install XP 32-bit, and then install XP x64. Not the other way
around. Also, always install onto a separate partition.

For specific details on XP dual booting of 32-bit nad 64-bit, see:

For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
interest and use.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../21/76180.aspx

HTH.
--
Charlie.

troutman 09-27-2008 08:35 PM

Re: Dual boot 64 32

I have had in the past a triple boot using XP Pro 32, XP Pro 64 and Vista
Ultimate 64. I did this using Partition Magic and its Boot Magic component.
Created three partitions and installed one OS on each. Partition Magic does
not work with Vista but when you want to use another OS you can boot from
the Partition Magic CD. Boot Magic from either of the XPs allows selection
of any other OS including Vista.

There would be several other methods to accomplish the same result without
using PM.

Tony Sperling 09-27-2008 10:44 PM

Re: Dual boot 64 32

Like it's been said - but do not forget that your hardware has to support
the 64bits (AMD64 or EM64T), and that, contrary to some form of logic, not
all Intel cpu's labeled as dual-cores do!

Tony. . .

Jud Hendrix 09-28-2008 06:29 AM

Re: Dual boot 64 32

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:02:09 -0300, "xc" <axp@fun.com> wrote:

>Hi group, is it possible to implement dual boot
> XP Win32 with XP Win64, or some another combination like
> XP Win32 with Vista Win64
>on the same machine ? thanks, Carlos.

That's not very complicated. Here
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_v...step_guide.htm
you can find one of the many online guides to help you.

jud