Velocity Reviews

-   -   Old Fogey Reminiscences (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t636128-old-fogey-reminiscences.html)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-19-2008 11:07 AM

Old Fogey Reminiscences

I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

Enkidu 09-19-2008 10:32 PM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

We didn't type our programs, we engraved them on granite.

Cheers,

Cliff

--

Tax is not theft.

Jasen Betts 09-20-2008 01:16 AM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

On 2008-09-19, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> >
>> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
>> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...
> >

> We didn't type our programs, we engraved them on granite.

Cardboard, I could believe, but granite? :)

--

Bye.
Jasen

Gordon 09-20-2008 06:42 AM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

Oh the wit

Nicolaas Hawkins 09-20-2008 07:49 AM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

On 20 Sep 2008 06:42:29 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@clear.net.nz> wrote in

> On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
>> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

> Oh the wit

Pity the vocabularily bereft.

OMGAWGTHTGTATA?

--
- Nic.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 09-20-2008 09:09 AM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

Gordon wrote:

> On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
>> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

> Oh the wit

I knew a family named De Witt.

Nicolaas Hawkins 09-20-2008 09:13 AM

Re: Old Fogey Reminiscences

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:09:26 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in

> Gordon wrote:
>
>> On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
>>> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

>> Oh the wit

> I knew a family named De Witt.

Their pills turned your pee bright green.

--
- Nic.