Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless USB network adapters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t635013-wireless-usb-network-adapters.html)

mikebear45 09-12-2008 12:53 AM

Wireless USB network adapters

Hi,
Can someone tell me why I can't install either my ZyDas wireless USB adapter
or my Linksys WUSB54G wireless USB adapter on my computer running Win XP Pro
x64 edition?
The drivers for the devices will not install...

Bobby Johnson 09-12-2008 10:08 AM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

I don't see any 64-bit drivers on the Linksys web site, so I
would have to say you don't have the necessary drivers for
XP x64. You need 64-bit drivers. The standard XP drivers
are 32-bit and they will not work on XP x64.

mikeyhsd 09-12-2008 02:06 PM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

I use a WG111V2 on vista ultimate 64 and the drivers work just fine.

you probably need a different adapter to get the necessary 64 bit drivers.

mikeyhsd@lamparty.net

Kue2 09-12-2008 02:17 PM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
Works fine here on all three systems.

mikebear45 09-12-2008 02:44 PM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
works for x64 edition XP pro.

mikebear

Dennis Pack 09-12-2008 03:33 PM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

Mikebear45:
Ralink and Broadcom are 2 chipsets that have 64-bit drivers. Refer to
http://ralink.rapla.net/ for a list of wireless devices from Ralink.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1

Bobby Johnson 09-12-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Wireless USB network adapters

Did you try searching the web?

I used Google and found the following that may be useful:

A Linksys Forum:
http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/bo...thread.id=2371

And some drivers at GigaByte:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/C...ctName=GN-WBKG

Remember: G.I.Y.F.! (Google Is Your Friend!) Try it, you
may like it!

Ken 09-13-2008 03:41 PM

mikebear45 wrote:
> Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
> works for x64 edition XP pro.
>
> mikebear
>

> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
>> any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
>> Works fine here on all three systems.
>>

>> "mikebear45" <mikebear45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> Can someone tell me why I can't install either my ZyDas wireless USB
>>> adapter
>>> or my Linksys WUSB54G wireless USB adapter on my computer running Win XP
>>> Pro
>>> x64 edition?
>>> The drivers for the devices will not install...

I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.

Jud Hendrix 09-13-2008 04:22 PM

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:41:29 -0700, Ken <noreply@charter.net> wrote:

>mikebear45 wrote:
>> Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
>> works for x64 edition XP pro.
>>
>> mikebear
>>

>> "Kue2" wrote:
>>
>>> I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
>>> any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
>>> Works fine here on all three systems.
>>>

>>> "mikebear45" <mikebear45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.

We use a couple Belkin 7050's. The Vista 64 drivers were released 2
months ago, but they are very unstable, leading to BSOD's all the time
on the testmachine. I have bugged Belkin a few times, but it takes
them so long to fix them. I just keep burning candles next to the
adapter, and pray Belkin will fix the drivers soon ;-)

jud

Ken 09-13-2008 04:50 PM

Jud Hendrix wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:41:29 -0700, Ken <noreply@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> mikebear45 wrote:
>>> Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
>>> works for x64 edition XP pro.
>>>
>>> mikebear

>> I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.

> We use a couple Belkin 7050's. The Vista 64 drivers were released 2
> months ago, but they are very unstable, leading to BSOD's all the time
> on the testmachine. I have bugged Belkin a few times, but it takes
> them so long to fix them. I just keep burning candles next to the
> adapter, and pray Belkin will fix the drivers soon ;-)
>
> jud

I am unclear. I thought we were talking about drivers for WinXP64, nor
Vista 64. Do our Belkin 7050s have Win XP64 drivers?