Velocity Reviews

-   -   size of a row (resultset) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t635005-size-of-a-row-resultset.html)

Ashly 09-11-2008 11:29 PM

size of a row (resultset)

Hi All,

I am new to this group.

I have a problem. I need to construct an XML with the contents of a
database row, But the XML should be less than 500MB. The select query
returns 100 rows and each row contains a BLOB field. Is there any way
to calculate the size of a row in bytes?

Waiting for your help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ashly.

tomaszewski.p 09-12-2008 03:42 AM

Re: size of a row (resultset)

On 12 Wrz, 01:29, Ashly <ashly....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to this group.
>
> I have a problem. I need to construct an XML with the contents of a
> database row, But the XML should be less than 500MB. The select query
> returns 100 rows and each row contains a BLOB field. Is there any way
> to calculate the size of a row in bytes?
>
> Waiting for your help. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ashly.

Maybe this link will be helpful:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/ap...b.html#length()