Velocity Reviews

-   -   Creating a Windows Service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t634903-creating-a-windows-service.html)

Lando Chez 09-11-2008 12:05 PM

Creating a Windows Service

Hi , I donīt know if this is the right group. But maybe someone can
help me to the right discussion group.

I have created a Windows Sesrvice through a reg file. This is the
content of the reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\User Admin
Agent]
"Description"="Starts the User Process."

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\User Admin
Agent
\Parameters]
"Application"="C:\\RunAgent\\UserProcess.cmd"

The service is created perfectly. What I want to do is the following.
When I stop the service I would like to kill/shutdown a process that
is initiated when the service is started. I have asked around how to
do it. I found out that it is possible but I have to add dependencies
when creating the Windows Service.
How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
And how can I make sure that this dependency is to shut down a
process(in this case java.exe)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

why? 09-11-2008 04:57 PM

Re: Creating a Windows Service

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:05:56 -0700 (PDT), Lando Chez wrote:

>Hi , I donīt know if this is the right group. But maybe someone can
>help me to the right discussion group.

You are messing around with services and end up in 24HSHD :-)

Depending on maybe OS (Win Reg Editor v5) , developemts tools possibly
other things you didn't say. There are quite a few development
newsgroups in microsoft.public.*

>I have created a Windows Sesrvice through a reg file. This is the
>content of the reg file:

As mentioned perhaps a lot of times. When doing something like this with
MS products and development you want

http://msdn.microsoft.com
Results 1-50 of about 71,800 for: service dependencies (1.8 seconds)

or the ever popular http://support.microsoft.com

List of MS froups
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...oft.public%2C&

There are lots of programming , development forums and blogs MS run or
3rd party.

>The service is created perfectly. What I want to do is the following.
>When I stop the service I would like to kill/shutdown a process that

Work out what the process PID is :-)

>is initiated when the service is started. I have asked around how to
>do it. I found out that it is possible but I have to add dependencies
>when creating the Windows Service.
>How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
>And how can I make sure that this dependency is to shut down a
>process(in this case java.exe)?

Using text from your msg above
Results 1 - 10 of about 195,000 for create a dependency at the creation
of the Windows Service.

Creating a Windows Service - Vista Forums
when creating the Windows Service. How can I create a dependency at the
creation of the Windows Service? And how can I make sure that this
dependency is to ...
http://www.vistax64.com/net-general/...s-service.html - 3
hours ago - Similar pages

iAnywhere.com - Managing services using the dbsvc command-line utility
Specify service dependencies when creating a service ... The Service
Creation utility provides the same functionality as the Service Creation
wizard in ...
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/p...9/00000598.htm
- 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Creating service dependencies - ITtoolbox Groups
Creating service dependencies. Reply from Charles Banks on 8/5/2003
1:27:00 PM ... Does anyone know the steps on manually creating windows .
http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups/...dencies-307470
- 57k - Cached - Similar pages

[3441] Creating a Windows Service in VB.NET Forums - Programming ...
26 Feb 2004 ... This thread is for discussions of Creating a Windows
Service in VB. ... to set Dependencies to make sure Windows loads your
service in the ...
www.developerfusion.co.uk/forums/t/36993/ - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

Results 1 - 10 of about 170,000 for windows xp service dependencies

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193888

[PDF]
White Paper: Service Dependencies in Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Service Dependencies in. Microsoft. Ū. Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003.
Servers. Rev 2 – June 1, 2006. Lieberman Software Corporation ...
http://www.liebsoft.com/whitepapers/...pendencies.pdf

How to create a Windows service by using Sc.exe
Note In Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista,
and Windows ... It has dependencies on the TDI group and on the NetBIOS
service. ...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192 - Similar pages

Delay Services in Windows 2000/XP/2003
In Windows 2000 and Windows XP you can also use the Services Snap-in to
view ... To create a new dependency, select the subkey representing the
service you ...
http://www.petri.co.il/delay_service...00_xp_2003.htm - 58k -
Cached - Similar pages

TheMSsForum.com >> VC >> Service dependency in CreateService - The ...
14 Mar 2008 ... Thank you Tag: Service dependency in CreateService Tag:
288730 .... The same application works very well on windows XP. ...
www.themssforum.com/VC/Service-dependency/ - 50k - Cached - Similar
pages

Add Dependencies to Service : add, service, dependencies
Tags: add, service, dependencies. Let's say I have a Windows 2000 Server
with a Print .... TCPIP is a protocol stack, not a system service of
NT/2K/XP. ...
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Netw..._21600405.html
- 74k - Cached - Similar pages

#
Creating a Windows Service with dependencies
How can I create a dependency at the creation of the Windows Service?
.... Windows XP Home and Professional Service Configurations, Noodles ...
http://www.wirelessforums.org/alt-co...ies-49670.html
- 2 hours ago - Similar pages
#

CreateService Function (Windows)
Specify NULL or an empty string if the service has no dependencies. ...
Client, Requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
Professional. ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...50(VS.85).aspx - 35k -
Cached - Similar pages

dependency and management Resources | TechRepublic
Service Dependency Mapping SDM products automate the process of creating
and ... provides a pre-packaged option for defending Windows XP against
MAC OS X. . ...
http://search.techrepublic.com.com/s...anagement.html
- 55k - Cached - Similar pages

How to: Code Service Dependencies - Jan Schreuder on .Net
7 Dec 2006 ... DisplayName = "My wonderful windows service."; installer.
.... It is very easy to create circular dependencies this way. You're
services ...
http://bloggingabout.net/blogs/jschr...endencies.aspx
- 34k - Cached - Similar pages

Try public forums for service products,