Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help with PittsburghVibe.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t634483-help-with-pittsburghvibe-com.html)

Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com 09-09-2008 03:14 AM

Help with PittsburghVibe.com

Tell me what you like and don't like about my website www.pittsburghvibe.com

dorayme 09-09-2008 04:05 AM

Re: Help with PittsburghVibe.com

In article
<e0065d8f-7822-477b-81ba-69715f5cc9a2@73g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com wrote:

> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website ...

That is has many html errors and many very basic CSS errors.

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little 09-09-2008 04:23 AM

Re: Help with PittsburghVibe.com

Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com wrote:
> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website www.pittsburghvibe.com

Don't use MS Office product for web design other than to compose and| or
spell and grammar check the "copy" (PLAIN TEXT).

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Ari Heino 09-09-2008 04:28 AM

Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com kirjoitti:
> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website www.pittsburghvibe.com

-Font too small (on FF at least)
-Made with some Office prudyct, yes? => lots of deprecated tags, like <font>
-Lots of links, may need better organizing
-Try validating, as Dorayme suggests.

--
Ari
http://users.utu.fi/athein/

Travis Newbury 09-09-2008 08:47 AM

On Sep 8, 11:14*pm, Andreas.W.B...@gmail.com wrote:
> Tell me what you like and don't like about my websitewww.pittsburghvibe.com

<sigh...>
--
Travis
Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

Jonathan N. Little 09-09-2008 02:35 PM

Travis Newbury wrote:
> On Sep 8, 11:14 pm, Andreas.W.B...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Tell me what you like and don't like about my websitewww.pittsburghvibe.com

> <sigh...>

I match your <sigh...> and up the ante one <groan...>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

John Hosking 09-09-2008 03:24 PM

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Travis Newbury wrote:
>> On Sep 8, 11:14 pm, Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Tell me what you like and don't like about my
>>> website http://www.pittsburghvibe.com/

>> <sigh...>

> I match your <sigh...> and up the ante one <groan...>

Leading us to the perennial question: For what sighs is the OP's site
designed?

How does it display when the viewport has groan?

--
John
I am so, so, *very* sorry.

Sherm Pendley 09-09-2008 05:02 PM

Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com writes:

> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website
> www.pittsburghvibe.com

Keep your designer - the layout and color schemes are nice.

Fire your developer - he or she is using a WYSIWYG editor and writing
code that's ten years out of date and riddled with errors.

sherm--

--
My blog: http://shermspace.blogspot.com

Chris F.A. Johnson 09-09-2008 05:23 PM

On 2008-09-09, Bergamot wrote:

> Sherm Pendley wrote:
>> Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website
>>> www.pittsburghvibe.com

>> Keep your designer - the layout and color schemes are nice.

> Except they failed to set a page background color. Mine isn't white, and
> it shows.

That's why Sherm said, "Fire your developer"

>> Fire your developer - he or she is using a WYSIWYG editor and writing
>> code that's ten years out of date and riddled with errors.

> Not to mention the layout doesn't adapt very well to larger text sizes.
> Overlapping text tends to be unreadable.

Author:

Bergamot 09-09-2008 05:51 PM

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> Andreas.W.Beck@gmail.com writes:
>
>> Tell me what you like and don't like about my website
>> www.pittsburghvibe.com

> Keep your designer - the layout and color schemes are nice.

Except they failed to set a page background color. Mine isn't white, and
it shows.

> Fire your developer - he or she is using a WYSIWYG editor and writing
> code that's ten years out of date and riddled with errors.

Not to mention the layout doesn't adapt very well to larger text sizes.
Overlapping text tends to be unreadable.

--
Berg