Velocity Reviews

-   -   shared connection protection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6329-shared-connection-protection.html)

geepeetee 04-19-2005 07:31 PM

shared connection protection

Hi

I have finally got my wireless connection up and running. I am using a
shared dial up connection and the connected pc has AVG anti virus. Will
this protect my laptop (connected over the wireless network) or should both
ps's have their own.

thanks

Gary

visit our website at www.justjents.co.uk

Malke 04-19-2005 08:05 PM

Re: shared connection protection

geepeetee wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have finally got my wireless connection up and running. I am using a
> shared dial up connection and the connected pc has AVG anti virus.
> Will this protect my laptop (connected over the wireless network) or
> should both ps's have their own.
>
> thanks
>
> Gary

Both computers should have their own antivirus and firewalls installed.
Make sure you properly configure the firewalls to allow the lan as
trusted.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User