Velocity Reviews

-   -   ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t632774-all-a-buzz-about-the-40d.html)

Annika1980 08-28-2008 03:53 PM

ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

David Nebenzahl 08-28-2008 05:23 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On 8/28/2008 8:53 AM Annika1980 spake thus:

This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".

Helen 08-28-2008 06:26 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 28, 11:53*am, Annika1980 <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:

Beautiful vibrant colors and lovely composition. ISO 1600?! That's
amazing. I see such great detail and clarity.
Helen

Draco 08-28-2008 08:52 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 28, 12:35*pm, "Russell D." <r...@sfcn.org> wrote:
> Annika1980 wrote:
> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

> The big bee seems to be approaching the flower. However, his antenna is
> under the flower. Nice images though.
>
> Russell

Good catch. It looked like Mr BumbullBee was waiting
to take his turn at the necter bar.

Great color. Perspective is interesting.

Keep at it.

Draco

Draco 08-28-2008 08:54 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 28, 1:23*pm, David Nebenzahl <nob...@but.us.chickens> wrote:
> On 8/28/2008 8:53 AM Annika1980 spake thus:
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
>
> Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
> of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
>
> * *rec.photo.digital
> * *rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
> * *rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
> * *rec.photo.digital.slr
> * *rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
>
> (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
> or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)
>
> --
> * * * "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
> * will bomb the cities of Vietnam, defoliate the jungles, herd the
> * population into concentration camps and turn the country into a
> * wasteland.' But Lyndon Johnson said: 'No! No! No! Don't you dare do
> * that. Let ME do it.'"
>
> - Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
> presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
> Authority".

David,
If you don't like it, don't read it. If you read it, then cope.
This endless rant is not only useless but the sign of someone with to
much time on their hands. Get out and photograph something, huh?

Draco

ransley 08-28-2008 11:34 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 28, 12:23*pm, David Nebenzahl <nob...@but.us.chickens> wrote:
> On 8/28/2008 8:53 AM Annika1980 spake thus:
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.
>
> Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
> of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:
>
> * *rec.photo.digital
> * *rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
> * *rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
> * *rec.photo.digital.slr
> * *rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
>
> (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
> or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)
>
> --
> * * * "In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
> * will bomb the cities of Vietnam, defoliate the jungles, herd the
> * population into concentration camps and turn the country into a
> * wasteland.' But Lyndon Johnson said: 'No! No! No! Don't you dare do
> * that. Let ME do it.'"
>
> - Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
> presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
> Authority".

Your kidding right, you still using 35mm film, your post is off topic.

D-Mac 08-29-2008 12:39 AM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

George Kerby wrote:

> On 8/28/08 10:53 AM, in article
> ad813c1b-c577-4fdd-abd0-fd096f2401bd...oglegroups.com,
> "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

> Oh Boy! I can't wait for 'Rita' to start in, followed by 'Helen's'
> sapping...

I think they already know how to do a paste up composite themselves!

Helen 08-29-2008 01:06 AM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 28, 8:16*pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/28/08 10:53 AM, in article
> ad813c1b-c577-4fdd-abd0-fd096f240...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
>
> "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:
> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

> Oh Boy! I can't wait for 'Rita' to start in, followed by 'Helen's'
> sapping...

Hey Kerby.......GFY!

Helen 08-29-2008 01:11 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

On Aug 29, 8:49*am, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/28/08 8:06 PM, in article
> 955d669a-fd41-41c2-8d80-f2879c4ff...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Helen"
>
> <helensilverb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 28, 8:16*pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> On 8/28/08 10:53 AM, in article
> >> ad813c1b-c577-4fdd-abd0-fd096f240...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,

> >> Oh Boy! I can't wait for 'Rita' to start in, followed by 'Helen's'
> >> sapping...

> > Hey Kerby.......GFY!

> How "lady-like"!
>
> Helen, your 'neck' is showing...

When in Rome.

I admit I lost my cool, and I deleted it. All I ask is you lay off.
Agreed?

Noons 08-29-2008 01:21 PM

Re: ALL A-BUZZ ABOUT THE 40D!

Helen wrote,on my timestamp of 29/08/2008 11:06 AM:
> On Aug 28, 8:16 pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/28/08 10:53 AM, in article
>> ad813c1b-c577-4fdd-abd0-fd096f240...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
>>
>> "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102304115/original

>> Oh Boy! I can't wait for 'Rita' to start in, followed by 'Helen's'
>> sapping...

> Hey Kerby.......GFY!

tempertempertemper!
must be that time of the month...