Velocity Reviews

-   -   SocketServer and long-polling connections (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t632320-socketserver-and-long-polling-connections.html)

Ken Seehart 08-25-2008 11:37 PM

SocketServer and long-polling connections

I apologize if this message is a repeat. It looks like didn't get received.

I'm using SocketServer to implement a local server that serves comet
long-polling connections.

How do I increase the maximum number of open connections? Currently it
is limited to about 8 I think. More than that and it seems to block on
opening more connections until one of the other connections releases.

Is it possible that the limit may actually be imposed by the client in
some bizarre way? In this case all of the clients are local, and are
multiple instances of the same mozilla activex DLL.

- Ken