Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t63208-can-a-aspx-file-be-renamed-to-htm.html)

Bruce W...1 08-23-2003 03:34 PM

Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

Would the code-behind and all ASP.NET functionality still work if the
..aspx files had instead .htm extensions? I suppose it boils down to
whether the page directives would still work.

Thanks for your help.

Frank Drebin 08-23-2003 04:01 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

No, there is an ISAPI filter that only process those files with the correct
file extension... if you rename it, it won't be processed correctly..

Jeremy 08-23-2003 08:32 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

Well in the IIS Application Configuration there is no
entry in the Application Mappings for a .htm file type.

I'm not sure, but I would guess that if you added a .htm
file type, set the executable path to the ASP.NET ISAPI
DLL, and set the Verbs to be the same as that of a .aspx
file (GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG) you might get it to work.

Good Luck,
Jeremy

MS News \(MS ILM\) 08-23-2003 09:09 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

If you try it can you please let us know

MS News \(MS ILM\) 08-23-2003 09:48 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

It works,

Jeremy 08-23-2003 09:50 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

I should note that I've done this (created my own
extension, not setup something for .html) to handle .asp
files, and I haven't had any problems.

So it will be interesting to see if somebody tries this
for .aspx, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy 08-23-2003 10:14 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

Did you create your own file extension or use
the .htm/.html extension?

MS News \(MS ILM\) 08-23-2003 10:45 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

created my own. no problem

MS News \(MS ILM\) 08-23-2003 10:52 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

Yes I tried it and it works
I changed the extension on an .aspx file to .html and I got the same result
no problem

MS News \(MS ILM\) 08-23-2003 10:54 PM

Re: Can a .aspx file be renamed to .htm?

Yes I now tried changing .aspx to .html and still works just fine
you need to add the mapping in IIS however
works no problem so far.