Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: BT Hosted VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t631901-re-bt-hosted-voip.html)

Peter Gradwell 08-22-2008 09:13 PM

Re: BT Hosted VOIP

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
>
> However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
>
> Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.

do you mean this service? http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bt_hosted_voip

there is a big advert on the front page there about porting!

> Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I just
> port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

that would be better?

<email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>

Andrew Gabriel 08-23-2008 05:58 PM

Re: BT Hosted VOIP

In article <48af2c05$0$634$bed64819@news.gradwell.net>,
Peter Gradwell <peter@gradwell.com> writes:
> R. Mark Clayton wrote:
>> BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
>>
>> However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
>>
>> Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.

> do you mean this service? http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bt_hosted_voip
>
> there is a big advert on the front page there about porting!
>
>> Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I just
>> port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

> that would be better?

That's the first time I've heard of anyone charging a monthly
rental for using a ported number (2.99 per number per month).

--
Andrew Gabriel